Malaysia's Total Lockdown (MCO 3.0) & Allowance Cut For Government Servant (Saya Sokong!)

5:58 PM

 

My WFH work station in 2021


Back to square one, since the risen cases of COVID-19 (what a horrible, high figure), our Government announced Total Lockdown (MCO 3.0) starting 1st of June, 2021. This time, we are a bit behind than Singapore which already started their Circuit Breaker (In 2020, we started MCO in March, their Circuit Breaker is in April. In 2021, their Circuit Breaker is in May, while ours is in June)


This new COVID-19 variant B.1.617 is no joke!


Last year, I heard nobody close to me is dying, or even contracted COVID. But this time, even our friend's mom is a victim! 😞


This time, for the first time in my service, the Government Servant will have their allowance cut (on a certain percentage and amount), to be donated to Akaun Amanah Bencana to help aid the affected, those who probably survived on daily pay, or even a small scales company not able to operate during this toughest time


I remember way back then when I started this job, it is my mom's advice -to not spend the entire income because part of it is an allowance (something can be taken away)


Her exact words are : "Elaun tu kemudahan, bila-bila masa boleh ditarik balik"


That has made me who I am today - a carefully spender. If it's too expensive, I don't bother. As what I wrote in my blog (refer tag = HOUSE) previously, I purchased my first house using only 45% of my loan eligibility (back then).. I am proud of it -the House is nice, the payment was never a burden, I can go on a non-paid leave without hesistant.


I hope everyone (including my own child) who happen to read this in the future, please also remember this (mother's advice).. You will be/feel safe..



My WFH workstation in 2020




Until next post!



Tag : elaun kerajaan ditolak, total lockdown malaysia 2021, singapore cirsuit breaker 2021, WFH work station 2021, elaun gomen dipotong lockdown

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive