Me vs. Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB)

4:01 PM


Hesistate to write this entry at first, but I guess this may BENEFIT many of first-hand user(s) / first-house buyer(s). For this event, I saved a total of RM 55.00.

That is RM55/pax. Imagined if TNB did this to all house buyer(s) and they'd make million ringgit! *wow, bonus!*


Remember, I won't send my kids to UNITEN.. LOL



Note : I am all PRO-TNB, especially when people goes crazyyy about the electricity bills hike during month May. And then there's me, being different than the rest >.< posted my calculations below :


I am all PRO-TNB... UNTIL 2019 zz


But you know they said, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" more or less-lah. I am a paying customer, and I hate the way TNB charged me unnecessarily..

Okay, we started living at our newly built & completed house on May 2019. The last electricity bills came in around April 2019, with 000 reading. Its okay. True, only until 01/05/19 that the house is installed with fittings (fans, lights etc)

We live at the house, bought & installed the A/C in May 2019, had people coming over and all.. but the electricity bill never came

29/5/19 - Called TNB, request for May 2019 bill
15/6/19 - Called TNB, request for June 2019 bill 
30/6 - TNB sent us (via email onlyyy, very lazy to come at site, walao) with bill details as below :

Bacaan sebenar : 000 (on meter)
(for both bills)

>.<

Whereas we definitely has usage, and the meter was NEVER 000 on the BILLING DATE they sent

Furious, I made call on 30/6 saying they should fix the bill. And we recorded the following call(s) because they started playing games with us :

TNB careline : "Kita dah hantar bil, bil cik 000"
Me : "So, if I cakap I ada penggunaan since May 19, U nak cakap I tipu ke, ya? I ada bukti"
TNB careline : "Ok, saya buatkan laporan, tempoh penyelesaian dalam lima (5) hari"

fast forward,

12/7/19 - Called TNB, told them we received no action from TNB (still no correct bills sent, no action taken for our 30/6/19 report). 
16/7/19 - Received bill on 16/7/19, with meter reading 420 kwh, and prorate block : 1.00

I made call again, this time, although extremely pissed, I kept it cool and just ask them one important question,

Me : "Hi, macam mana dengan report saya on 30/6/19?"
TNB careline : "Completed, cik"
Me : "Aik, macamtu pulak. Report saya ditulis apa ya?"
TNB careline : "Bil terlalu rendah"

OMG, what the FUN..

You know, the 420kWh is the usage from 01/05/19 until 16/7/19 (77 days)
I DESERVE THE EXPANDED PRO-RATE BLOCK, which is:
77/30 = 2.5667 (2.5 also okay lah..)

Meaning, instead of current bill (+-RM150)
My bills should be :
0 - 200 (block) x 2.5 (prorate block i deserve) = 500 at RM 0.218, 
which total up to RM 91.56 only! =.=

Easily telan RM 55, weyy?


Totally stupid, and unacceptable. See, they did not know that I have a littttttle bit of power due to my currect (work) position. So, I wrote an e-mail to TNB, cc ST, MESTECC and SPRM >.< 
It was a midnight

In no time, (less than 8 hours later) MESTECC responded to my e-mail, asking for TNB to investigate the case (I probably has some useful keywords here, hehe, e-mail me, if you want to know more)

In less than an hour, I received call from TNB (corporate) trying to twist the plot, again and again it almost got me sick

THE GAME THEY PLAY (YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF THIS) :

TNB : "Puan, kenapa puan kata ditindas ya. Puan rasa bil tu mahal sangat ke?" - (1)
Me : "Yes, saya yakin (2), 420 kWh adalah penggunaan saya dari tempoh 1/5/19 hingga 16/7/19, bukannya dalam tempoh satu (1) bulan, seperti yang dihantar oleh TNB"

TNB : "Tapi meter puan memang tunjuk bacaan 000, kita hantar dah hantar bil Mei & Jun"
Me : "Nope, saya ada bukti penggunaan, saksi, visitor, access card , DO and A/C installations.."

TNB : "Puan nak tak kita pasang alat untuk monitor meter, tapi alat ni kena caj"
Me : "Atas sebab apa (3) puan nak pasang alat tu, saya tak buat aduan meter rosak"
TNB : Explain, masih tak nak mengaku tak hadir buat bacaan bil zzz(4)
Me : "Meter saya tak ada masalah pun, everytime saya request bil (29/5 & 15/6), saya tangkap gambar meter"
TNB : "..."

In less than 2 hours, another male (Disctrict Engineer of my house's disctrict) called me:
TNB lain : "Puan, saya dapat aduan dari MESTECC, kita nak selesaikan dengan pelarasan semula bil"
Me : "Alhamdulillah, terima kasih. Ini yang saya nak, tapi susah betul nak dapat. Terima kasih ya"
TNB lain : "Minta maaf ya puan, kadang-kadang meter reader kami nakal sikit, dia tak pergi pun tempat tu, dia tengok rumah macam kosong, dia malas baca. Saya akan siasat lah, meter reader tu seliaan seorang supervisor.."
Me : "Ya, eloklah siasat, sebab memang dah nampak ada masalah tu"


Info :
(1) probably just to make me pissed, but wrong, I won't lose my cool
(2) I could have said "TNB tipu bill saya, tak datang baca meter pun, lepastu tulis 000 (bacaan sebenar)", but this way, it appears like I made accusations, thus I am avoiding this (taught from SPRM)
(3) Always use this, always ask them why they want to do something..
(4) Explanation ni, better you guys be careful. This is a trap! Moga anda semua strong-will like I am


Which make me to another part of the game : The waiting game (for pelarasan).

Less than a month later, we received a SIMPLEST letter saying "we made correction to your bill". ONE.FUGGING.PARAGRAPH. Still, not apologizing, I think none of them is humble enough.. (they never think they were wrong). Pffffft

Note : If any of you wonders, tak apa ke pressure2 TNB? Yes you can. TNB is a CONTRACTOR, penyelia TNB is SURUHANJAYA TENAGA (ST). TNB wajib memberi servis (since they are the only provider in Semenanjung) apabila bekalan elektrik dipohon. So yeah, why takut?

(This post was made on 29/07/2019, I don't know why am I keeping this where this could help people /lesson learnt especially for first house buyer..)


Therefore I am so sorry for not educating this enough. Please drop down comment if you need help calculating prorate block, and all..



Until Next Post!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive