My First Lodge Cast Iron Pan & Steak at Home's Comfort

6:05 PM


Purchased in late 2020, which is last year! Welcome to my home, beauty!


It is 2021, and I shall update my Favourite Youtube Channel list, because a lot has changed then. I really liked Joshua Weissman cooking channel, and since last year (during MCO 1.0), I started trying his recipes (his cookies are my favourite!)


Among his basic kitchen tools (no TM6 is seen, haha obviously!), knife and pans are the most basic, before he introduces us to fancier-tools-their-name-i-could-not-memorized. Or maybe he isn't in hot, humid country that he needs fermentation tool, I don't know..


I've been searching for cast iron pan that works, is chef favourite, and not too expensive so Lodge is the right one.. I got mine for below RM200!

To officiate this new pan, I made steak following Joshua's recipe too : (video below)


Please pay attention to his advice of why you should cook at home 💖


And here is my steak while cooking :


Before basting my steak with butter, garlic and rosemary. Oh the smell!


I am not sure if people know this, that I have been using the same induction cooker stove since this blog starts! I have been using this cooker since around 2008, making it almost 13 years of use! I am not lying, I LOVE OLD stuffs, gadgets, when they make things to last..

So yeah, for those who still wonder, your cast iron pan is definitely compatible with induction cooker.. (definitely compatible on gas stove, heating oven so you can finish your steak in oven as some would do). Any more questions, may drop your comment below!

The care is somewhat simple too, Lodge cast iron is pre seasoned at their factory, and you may wash (with water) before first use and wipe dry. For storage (after cooking), you just wash it, pat dry completely, and wipe/rub with oil (not dripping!) and store like usual. If you think your pan need to be re-season, follow its instruction/manual available online.

Note : One must heat it with oil for about an hour in the oven

Following these simple step, this cast iron pan (unless broken half) shall last you lifetime!


Back to my cooking, the important tool to have is digital thermometer to ensure doneness of your steak. My husband prefer well done meat, while I am no more adventurous than him, I like my steak medium well 💕

Note : or maybe in everything I eat, I ask myself, what would my grandma eat (she's almost 90, still very strong and healthy) If my grandma don't do medium rare steak, then it is a no for me..


Steak at home's comfort! I think all these costs me below RM50! (Using ingredients I already have in my pantry like butter, I only buy herbs and meat/cuts prior to this cooking)






Until next post!


tag : lodge cast iron malaysia, are cast iron pan compatible with induction cooker, lodge cast iron review malaysia, boleh tak guna cast iron pan dengan dapur induction?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive