Review : Taska Cahaya Arfa, Telok Panglima Garang 2019

11:25 AM


(I already asked my husband's opinion, and he approved this post)



We decided to enroll Euseff in playschool, being previously taken care by my mom, but I wanted him to be around other kids and socialize

Ugut suruh hantar ke JKM-registered childcare centre, tapi JKM-registered pun tak senonoh, erm ermmmmmmmmmmm =.=


As opposed to the article above, we choose Taska Cahaya Arfa, Telok Panglima Garang because of its location, and it is registered under Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat (JKM)

Supposed, it is good, right?

We decided to start small. If it is up to me, I surely choose a pricier ones first, so we wouldn't have to change school so often.

Upon meeting Puan Amalina, the owner, for the first time, I think she is okay (experienced in dealing concerned mother, perhaps?) until she said something like this,

"Saya call je kawan saya, "luluskan permohonan (JKM) saya", terus lulus", bragging, with pride

Chronyism is what came first to my mind, but I am quite a positive person, so I console myself thinking that, she might be handling my kid well, afterall she got friend from the JKM, she surely don't want shame

So we enrolled Euseff to Taska Cahaya Arfa



THE EALIER EXPERIENCES : INSECT BITES

Every day/weel, he came home to new insect bites, so we always asked what had bite him

The replies are always, "Datang taska memang dah ada menggaru/kena gigit" but we sure nothing happened at our clean, brand new house (got key in May 2019)

Experienced (in providing escape answers too), I believe?

But we keep sending Seff there, poor my baby. Everytime we left and picked him up, he cried. 

One time, Seff has been bitten I believe to be "charlie" but at first was mistaken to be hot water (due to kesan lecur) from my mom's opinion.



THE WORST BITE : (BELIEVED TO BE) CHARLIE ANT'S BITE

The worst case happened to him was (believed to be) a charlie's ant bite. I was devastated, even I myself have not been bitten by such a horrible kind, but my 1y6m baby got it.

Again, Puan Amalina says Euseff got the bite at home. But our home has no palm plantation in sight, whereas their compound is surrounded by palm trees.



EVERYONE'S OPINIONS

My SIL asked, "Syira masukkan Seff ke Taska Cahaya Arfa ke?". "Ya, kak, kenapa", I replied
"Kawan akak penah masukkan anak dia kejap, keluarkan sebab anak dia asyik sakit"

But I told my husband, we didn't experience whatever they experienced, so we cannot just generalize.

Few more people (their neighbor and my husband's colleague) also passed bad stories about the taska, but we just keep that in mind only.



THE CLIMAX : ONE BRUISE

One day, Seff returned home with a little bruise, so we asked if we could have a look at the CCTV, the reply is wow, so rude!


Please also judge


So we turned to authority, lodged a report just to be safe/future use if any, and complaint through the JKM.. (the heck, we have chosen JKM-registered TASKA for a peace of mind!)

We also notified that they did not give us any book (mind you, we are first time parents sending our kid to school) to notify/update on Seff's daily routine. Only after I personally took an Annual Leave, book to see Pn Amalina, and I asked her do they have annual (I did not know there exist daily sheets/in a book) updated on Seff since I am interested to know his progress. She replied,

"Buku kita ada, tapi parents selalunya malas nak isi.." eh pulak dah, me, monologue
"Tapi kami rajin, sebab anak kami sorang ni lah" and then she handed me the book, zzz

And so JKM already replied my complaint, with few key points (and let me further clarify with you all) :

 1. Menyedia dan menyenggara rekod-rekod di TASKA

Which means, they have trouble updating daily sheets of their anak-anak asuhan, but this is primarily the requirements to run this business, right?

Anyway, I personally witnessed (when I picked Seff up inside, not outside of their premise) and there are a lot of kids being placed in a small room, almost like chickens you see in poultry industry. Sad, but the absence of baby record book is probably due to the high number of kids there, who knows



2. Menjaga kebersihan dan keselamatan dalam dan luar premis taska

Thus the insect bites Seff got, ohh poor the other kids expecially babies. Luckily Seff is big enough to have pushed away few insects, I believe



3. Memasang dan menyelenggaran CCTV di TASKA

Why mentioned memasang, if they already have one? It could be more towards, they lied about the CCTV. Which could be penipuan in general. But anyway, when we lodged a police report, the officer asked if we want them to rush to the premise, as they also said that they might lie about the CCTV

We being nice as we are, refuse the kind offer because we only want to be safe/future reference in case Seff condition worsen. Even my CC quite mad about this story and she said, "Depa nak tunggu apa baru nak ambil serius?"



Anyway, we would like to express my deep gratitude that JKM did not take my complaint lightly, and we really hope that action is taken to the TASKA, and not just being nice on paper. Walk the talk, and please restore every mom's confidence in JKM, in general

Afterall, why bother choose JKM-registered one?

And lucky for Seff, the next school he is going now is okay, with significantly smaller number of children, book daily updated, signed and stamped (properly managed), no bites in sight (LOL), and he is seen happier at this new school (always smile, and wave teachers goodbye)





Mind sharing your worst experiences in TASKA?






You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. i am looking for nearby taska as well for my 7 months baby. JKM suggested taska cahaya arfa as well, but i came across your review. it scares me a lil bit. may i know which taska are your son going now? i am desperate looking for taska.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't tell, but not in TPG dear. JKM suggested Cahaya Arfa? Interesting.. Lets hope they have done installing CCTV rofl

      Delete
  2. Terima kasih puan share pengalaman di Taska Cahaya Arfa. Saya hantar anak juga kat sana dua orang. Every month jadi rutin wajib pie kk sebab diorang akan demam. Setiap bulan. Masuk tahun 2020 saya pindahkan taska diorang. Alhamdulillah takde lagi nightmare kena pie kk @ hospital setiap bulan cek darah sebab anak2 demam.

    Saya hantar anak kat jalan merbuk punya cawangan. Sebab saya hantar macam puan taska berdaftar di bawah JKM kan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sama-sama puan, bukannya apa.. Saya juga pilih taska berdaftar JKM for safety reasons (sebab JKM akan pantau). Awal-awal dulu memang banyak cerita/pengalaman bukan-bukan kami dengar.. Tp kami tak layan at first, bersangka baik (mungkin juga sebab personaliti saya -tak suka dipengaruhi orang..)

    Alhamdulillah untuk ending yang baik untuk anak-anak puan. If ada tempat lebih baik, why not?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive