Drugstore Skincare & Makeup Choice 2021

12:33 AM

 



One day in April, I had to go on an outstation for work and brought with me my son + my mom

Being in a hurry, I realized I left my makeup pouch + eyeglass at home! One whole big pouch means there are a lot of items were left behind before stopping at Stop #1! What more, I have an event the next morning.. 

But I did not stress about it (I play it cool in front of mom, basically >.<) because I certainly have some backup items at Stop #1 -I know I still have my old eyeglass and lipsticks. I only need to replace few things stat! So I told mom we need to stop at AEON to purchase them..


These are the things I bought in shortest amount of time (15minutes) at only one (1) store (Watsons):


Items purchased & review :

1. SIMPLE Soothing Facial Toner (3/5)

It serves the right purpose, however I rate it a little low because my current toner (ARCONA cranberry toner) smells awesome, and multipurpose (remove makeup effectively)


2. COSMODERM Day & Night Moisturizer (4/5)

I heard good reviews for this brand and yeah, this doesn't break me out and lightweight. Plus, it has SPF15.. which is good (indoor)

3. LOREAL Infallible 24H Matte Cover (5/5)

I cannot say bad thing about this foundation! Application is seamless, and it covers and functions the way I want! I started using this to work, but I usually apply it using damp beauty blender so it has smooth, lighter coverage than it really is.. love it!

4. SILKYGIRL Perfect Stay 20H Eyeliner (4/5)

The perfect dupe for my most loved makeup, the Marc Jacobs Highliner, only this one performs poorly since it moves and less creamy than MJ's.

But I am still satisfied with this!

5. BEAUTY TOOLS Mermaid Face Brush from Watsons (0/5)

The most horrible purchase ever! It was inside box and I could not tell if its soft and fluffy, but I tried once and put them away for good, I'd rather use fingers for application.. I bought their makeup sponge too and left it at Stop #1.

Maybe I am used to super fluffy brush (my first makeup brush was from Sigma), but I swear I won't buy any brushes from drugstore, ever!




Conclusion : I replace only whatever necessary in skincare step, which is : toner & moisturizer, and I choose the most simple, purifying product available on the shelf

For makeup, I can only do foundation (sorry, SPF) because all of my work that week is indoor (in a Hotel), and an eyeliner. I am glad I still found an old palette (of blush, highlighter) and many MAC bullets (MAC lipsticks) at this old home..

Overall, I survived with new makeup kit! I think I'd better be researching for a drugstore makeup so this hurry purchase won't happen again! My power ingredients = of course, Witch Hazel!  




Until next post!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive