Absolut Chocolat's Merdeka Promo (Honest Review) : Little Dalgona Cake, Salted Egg Slice and Dalgona Coffee Brew

6:58 AM

 


Absolut Chocolat is no new brand to me because my SIL loves it and brought back their product (the CHOCOLATE CAKE only) so I follow the page.. over time, when they released different new products, it is genuinely tempting, but I always put on hold (buying).


Until recently for Merdeka (promo), they are selling slices and mini cakes, so I'm excited to try!


I bought 2 combo A + F

A = Little Dalgona Cake + Dalgona Coffee Brew* = RM32.80

B = Salted Egg Slice + Dalgona Coffee Brew = RM


On their own, Little Dalgona = RM16.90, and Salted Egg Slice = RM12.50

I consider the price to be cheap, because the standard cake slices out there is RM17~20.


Note : Husband requested for a combo because he likes the Dalgona Coffee Brew


When it arrives (with sauce, drizzle in different containers), the best activity is decorating your cake! Is it a proper term, decorating? because we have to (DIY) pour the sauce, and drizzle with toppings..

Here is my (only attempt) of decorating :



Okay, now for the honest review of their taste..


I consider both cake to be : TAK SEDAP. Here's why:

1. SALTED EGG SLICE 

Chocolate cake is dark, not too sweet so I consider this portion delicious! Meaning, the chocolate cake is their forte, no wonder my SIL loves it. But the salted egg sauce is weird. I imagined the taste should be like ones we can found in Salted Egg Bun (Dimsum, like in Dolly Dimsum), because that would be savoury.. But no, their sauce is definitely tastes weird, artificial, grainy granules (salted egg powder for longer shelf life, maybe?)


2. LITTLE DALGONA CAKE

My husband and I really like their Dalgona Coffee sauce, 'cuz whipped coffee is life! 

But their Dalgona sauce meant for cake is way thicker and again, grainy. I even tried some (combine with milk, because their sauce is way too many compared to the small cake). But I had a super hard time with this cake sauce! So so grainy (probably again, some powder/thickening agent?)

Although I can tell why the sauce is made to be thicker, because they want to prevent the cake to absorb too much liquid. I don't know, even the cake is so-so, TAK SEDAP..


Another minus point is = the agent is believed to take/pick up stock and KEPT the product for a while before delivery date (to customer), so Absolut Chocolat cannot control their product quality prior to delivery. In my video above, one could easily notice, the whipped cream that came with Dalgona Coffee Brew is runny, probably due to improper store temperature (by agent).

Note : I decor/assemble the desserts straightaway upon receiving from agent!

That is all from me, the only thing I will probably repurchase is their Dalgona coffee (but I can make it my own, although mine is decaf coffee). Their chocolate cake is definitely okay, but chocolate moist cake is also my forte, so very less chance I will buy it since I can make them at home..



Until next post!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive