World Mental Health Day 2020 - Financial Freedom & Being Physically Imperfect (A little!)

5:01 PM


 

In especially last October, following the World Mental Health 2020 on October 10th, I made two (2) posts on my personal Instagram account about :

A - only do things within your abilities (own things within your budget)

B - being imperfect and okay about it


A - Doing Things within Your Abilities

I am quite lucky I don't have much debt to begin with, but I was never a spoilt brat, and I know when to earn, when to buy cheaper things, when to stop and when to indulge.

Maybe I don't like attachments, but I never do installments (except for my house), no, I don't do installments on phone, computer or any appliances. Yes, I have desires but I bought things with my hard earned money. Before marriage, I saved MYR 2000 every month until I get the desired amount to a decent wedding (but in the mean time I also spend very very little on unimportant things like wedding invitation -I design them myself and have them print out!)

I saved MYR1000~2000 a month during pregnancy/before delivery just to make sure I have all the emergency cash I might need when delivering in private hospitals, but God knows best, I did in Govt Hospital (due to Seff being below 2kg at birth, it could be a mess that Seff was moved to Govt while I am at diff hospital, just like that..) but the saved fund going straight to my expenses (and even splurge!) during maternity and unpaid leave hehehe

I am very strict about expenses, but always make sure I treat my staffs and subordinate to a decent meals quite a lot of times, actually this was practiced even when I was in college - I always believe that a treat will return to even more rezeki/rizq.

I saved before trip overseas, large purchases. But the main key to do this (how do you think I can save up to MYR2000 while still need the $$ for food, gas etc?) : FINANCIAL FREEDOM

- I use only 1/2 the eligibility for my house loan : so I got more $$

- I use local car brand that is way cheaper than imported ones : so I got more $$

- I bring my own food to work! : since 2013

- Before 2013, I work quite a handful of side jobs, I have experience in retail, F&B (McD), Education (Lecturer- teaching engineering subjects : Dynamics) and many more. Just to make sure I could get most $$ I can for savings ( I am particularly afraid if I know I don't have any backup fund)

I WAS NEVER A SPOILT BRAT, YEAH?



B - Being Imperfect and Okay About It

Me being not pretty is no new news >.<. But I always know I have the highest confidence level (ask anyone who knows me!). How? Maybe I know now that IT WAS NOT THAT IMPORTANT to be the prettiest face.. (in engineering)

I have no straight set of teeth, I have acne, acne scarrings but all that did not give me less merit during study, work interviews, or even promotion/offers!

If you are good/talented in your area, pretty face will just be a bonus. Your achievement will be because of your achievement, and quite a luck, and that is all in this life, it is simple


One lifetime, enjoy it!

(Do not stress about it)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive