2020 Hair Care & Routine

10:43 AM

Note : All items purchased using my own money 🙂


I have been keeping my hair long for quite a while now (throughout year 2020) to be exact. Although I am a mom, a working mom, it never bothers me -a little bit of hair care!


My routine to maintain the mane :



A. Shampoo & condition (daily/so)

I can get away with shampoo-ing daily or once every 2 days, alternating between my shampoo bars (LUSH My) (1),  Kristen Ess Purifying Micellar Shampoo (2) or Briogeo Micro-Exfoliating Scall Scrub Shampoo (3)

After wash, I put on (spray) leave-in conditioner (I have 2). Reason for having 2 bottles : 1 for upstairs and 1 downstairs, so it depends on where I just did my hair wash.

I love Kristen Ess' Leave-In Conditioner (4) more, but OUAI Leave-In Conditioner (5) has heat protection, so I definitely put on this before heat styling..


B. Scalp Scrub & Hair (Deep Conditioning) Mask (weekly)

Once a week, I dedicated the days off work to either a scalp scrub (targeting scalp), or hair mask (for hair, duhh!), or both.

Current products used are :

Scalp scrub : Kristen Ess Instant Exfoliating Scalp Scrub (6)

Hair Mask: Briogeo Deep Conditioning Hair Mask (7)


C. Hair Tools (when needed)

I am extremely grateful for my 32nd birthday gift this year : the Dyson Airwrap (8)

It has 3 different settings (heatless, medium & high heat setting) that did not do heat damage on hair, and is a very powerful tool! 

I can style hair in 30mins, and dry hair in 5-10 mins, which is major love for a busy mom in the morning


D. Hair styling products -hair oil/ hair spray (when needed/when hair done in (C))

While the step (A) & (B) arequite established, step (D) is where I had trial & error, and one product serves different occasion/purposes

After curling, I usually finished the job with Percy & Reed Extra Hold Hairspray (9). The remaining days when I had smooth, straight hair, I just put on a little bit of OUAI Rose Hair & Body Oil (10)



That is all, and I am not a frequent visitor of salon at all! Especially during this pandemic with all these uncertainties, I am quite happy with my hair care routine and often were commented on the hair's health..


..Or it probably just because I have a headful, thick, hair, I don't know.. hehe





Until next post!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive