Seff's 3rd Birthday : the Preparation

12:07 PM


Template ni quite famous online, so saja cuba-cuba edit. Eh dia generate pula, so can read google term on photos ya. Hehe


I was again very much excited to plan this year's birthday party, because I'll have a proper amount of time to pre-planned everything (due to no longer travel outstation/for work until Dec 2020 -I reckon)


The Venue

We decided it would be a small gathering at home (if permitted), following the latest news, SOP and guideline from the Government during this pandemic



The Theme

Every year, I tried to came up with the theme following Seff's age and so we did "ONE In a Minion" and "TWO Wild". They are minions and safari parties respectively. 

I think this will be the last time we will follow theme according to age, because the following year, I hope to follow Seff's interests/request (if any)

So I searched for the best theme and it will be:

"THREE Rex"

Note : This will be a Dinosaur theme party



The Birthday Cake

Cake is booked a month earlier and I can't wait to see the results! I requested for all fondant cake, although throughout pinterest, there are tonnes of ideas on diy dino cake. 

Dino party is a common theme and getting/buying cake topper following this theme is easy! If budget is your concern, you may want to consider a basic cake with cake topper



The Main Table Desserts

I am very realistic about food, especially during the first birthday, since we did at an indoor playground, so having to move here and there, i did not want to burden myself moving fragile desserts (like cupcakes)

Thus, because having the party at home this year, Iplan to bake cupcakes (chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting) and have the table filled with dino-theme food spread like dino bones (pretzels), dino egg (grapes) and so on



The Buffet
(Only if a party is possible)

I plan to outsource the food, while supporting local businesses.. 



The Favors

This is where I was stucked the most -can't finalize the goodies! I wanted to bake another cake (marble jelita), for everyone to bring back (or to give away to neighbors), but since Seff's Aqiqah, I vow to go plastic free as much as I can. But cake packagings are mostly plastic, and if I wanted to use mason jars, I need to bake another type of cake (maybe chocolate moist)?



The Decor

DIY by yours truly, has usual. Since they are all balloons only, I think I can handle them well. I also planned for a cake smashing session (the first time, we did it on his 1st birthday but he cried HAHA) with different theme (Lockdown theme)





Until next post!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive