Chef Kecik's Joy Box & Soft Cookies : Honest Review

10:56 PM


Early in October, I purchased Chef Kecik's joy box (box of mix desserts) + soft cookies for the first time. I was excited to try them all, especially since I loveeeee basque/burnt cheesecake.

Chef Kecik @ RB : Home Baker, also a Hero Oven (Season 1) Finalist - I just found out during the time of writing! Because I also bought some desserts from Hero Oven (Season 2 winner), so okay, wow..

Below is my honest review :

1. Biscoff Burnt Cheesecake

CK has his burnt cheesecake made differently with whipping cream and layer of biscoff drizzle/top coat.. I hated this. It became super sweet (according to me)! I guess I love burnt cheesecake as bare as it is, while being less guilty of enjoying it (the normal burnt cheesecake) because of its simple ingredients.. more diet-friendly than other desserts because if you searched online, some people can make it sugar free!


2. Madeleines

I don't fancy these too, because I sense strong flavouring (which I dislike in any cookies/kuih raya, it ruined my tastebud!)


3. Kinder Bueno Cupcakes

Kinder Bueno is my favourite chocolate, and every components of this cupcake is good. I like it..


4. Nutella RV Cheese Tarts

If I can only buy 1 thing from CK, I think this is it! I cannot rely on my husband's comment of them being average, but what stood out to me at first is his homemade tart shells. I loveeeee it! And this RV cheese tarts are layered perfectly : nutella + cheese + chocolate drizzle + callebaut's cocoa nibs -so it has all the texture and taste! (sweet+bitter+buttery)

So far I found no way of purchasing only this online (they have mostly cakes), maybe I need to call them for further info.. (so when is my next big event I'll maybe buy them in bulk?)


5. Soft Cookies (Red Velvet, Vanilla & Chocolate)

Okay to me (above average), but I prefer my own (levain) cookies heheheh


But overall I like this Joy Box because I got to try everything in smaller batch to decide which one I really like! And my taste and preferences could be different than yours, so go check 'em out!




Until next post!
 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive