Revisit Pulau Langkawi for Work (with colleagues): Where did we go?

8:43 PM

In May 2022 (very late post, I know), I had a chance to revisit Pulau Langkawi due to some work (around area Padang Matsirat). The visit is totally different from leisure, although it happened during the weekend since Sunday is a working day for Kedah


During this short trip (before straightaway went to Baling for another site visit), I had the chance to visit places I haven't been to (not the usual tourist spot like I had HERE)

This includes : 

1. Temurun Waterfalls 
(now temporarily closed for public visit/ year 2022)

Only a short hike, this waterfall is like a hidden gem. Although it is now closed to public visit, it looks like it is a dry season (but we had rough entrance via ferry) so when they finally open to public, be sure to avoid dry season for the best photography experience

The trail. Magnificent view nonetheless

My Division has some work done at this site



2. Pantai Pasir Tengkorak (Sandy Skulls Beach)

Since we get up early for Temurun Waterfall, we had a brief stop at Pantai Tengkorak, just en route from our way back to the hotel. I love Langkawi for its beaches, soft, white sands on our feet is a nice feeling (almost like we are earthing), as opposed to rocky, brown soil we had near home

I'll recommend anyone a visit to this small beach but be careful of slightly higher tide!


We spent the night with street food and beachside dining spots as follow :

Rolled ice cream like in Thailand

And I am still speechless about the food here. So far I found not a single restaurant that served very good food (one that I'll recommend/reason to visit back). This one I failed miserably, every time I went to Langkawi and even had reservation prior

With my colleague, almost all food were too regular, nothing special. This is what I recorded (minus 1 beachside restaurant I forgot the name) in my Instagram story :




Note : I SERIOUSLY NEED RECOMMENDATIONS FROM ANYONE IN LANGKAWI, SINCE I MOSTLY FOLLOW THE LIST OF TOP RESTAURANTS FROM GOOGLE

Although the food is not impressive, I still go back not empty-handed since Langkawi is duty-free island, the chocolates are cheaper. I just spent RM200+ (just a selected few) for chocolates. Wish to bring back Corningware (oh Shadow Iris!), but I think its better to wait for our new house key (and moving in)


Overall, it was a different experience in my life because for the first time in a longest time, we went into Langkawi by ferry! It was high tide so the ferry ride is super rough! So we went into Langkawi via Kuala Kedah, but leaving from Langkawi via Kuala Perlis hehehe

The following days, I got Medical Leave (MC) for mild food poisoning. What an experience (like never before! LOL)



Hope I can return to Langkawi and taste better food and have a super romantic stay (if the resort's price justifies, because sometimes when I saw price too high -almost matches the flight ticket overseas, I'd rather went overseas and experience new places >.<)


That is all, until next post!




 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive