Recent Food Review : Aunty Aini's Garden Cafe, Lauk Kampung Cyberjaya, Nasi Lemak Wanjo, Selera Kampung Gulai Panas DPP, Woodfire Bangi, Botanica+Co Bangsar South & Asam Pedas Claypot Melaka

10:27 PM

I can never do a separate post to do a lengthy comment on each of the recent visits (from May 2022 onwards, so I made a combined review of them all!)


1. Aunty Aini's Garden Cafe, Nilai, Negeri Sembilan


We went to Aunty Aini's 2 times, and had to re-order whatever people raves about it -being authentic N9's cuisine. I have to disagree. They got their spiciness correct, but the taste is so-so. I still remember there is this one elegant SG lady (been following her in IG) from KL went to this cafe and said they had a good lunch, so I am now avoiding whatever people wrote online (cuz they are probably paid?) sobs

Review : 2/5 
(won't return for the food, yes for the ambiance, but I went home with many mosquito bites!)



2. Restoran Lauk Kampung @Tamarind Square, Cyberjaya


Husband visited this place a few times, so I guess they are okay -thinking they use less MSG in cooking (P.s. my husband cannot tolerate too much MSG), but I find this so-so as well, but I might return to taste other dishes (lauk).

Review : 3/5 
(until further visit & update)



3. Nasi Lemak Wanjo, Kampung Bharu, WP Kuala Lumpur

\
Many people raves about Nasi Lemak Wanjo too, although many disagrees as well (50-50 love hate comments online). I think they are so-so too, but I like their cockles sambal. I personally like sambal from Nasi Lemak Tanglin more, and then village park. So it goes like :

Nasi Lemak Tanglin > Village Park > Wanjo

Review : 3/5 
(will eat again if too hungry, won't totally avoid)



4. Selera Kampung Gulai Panas, Desa Pinggiran Putra


Visited this place a few times, with colleague and with my family. This could become a top restaurant of my choice, except, the food is either too good, or too bad (inconsistent). Few times, my visit turn sour because the fish arrived bad (smell foul and well, we won't touch it). Sad, I have a hard time recommending this place for its inconsistent quality. hoping they'd keep up!

P.s. We always had good quality sotong & udang set and had bad experience with bawal & kembong, so if you're there, just order sotong & udang!

Review : 3/5
(being inconsistent in quality)



5. Woodfire (Bangi Branch), Bangi


We are literally traumatized by the food (efficient service though!) because the chicken patty is saltyyy AF, I have to peel all their batter to get to the chicken. And look at the beef brisket thickness, we are probably the unlucky ones. We finish this whole lunch by removing the burger bun and just eat the chicken/beef. And I am seriously traumatized I won't go back. Never..

Review : 1/5 
(I rate 2/5 before in IG, but I think this deserves lower score than Aunty Aini's)



6. Botanica + Co, Bangsar South, WP Kuala Lumpur


It was my first time at Botanica+Co so I look for Chef's recommendations : truffle fried & fish & chip. Both were blerghhhhhh but we were saved by the good cuppa coffee with oat milk. Not much to say, except, for this price of fries I'd expect a homemade ones like below (in Legoland restaurant, much better quality & taste, kudos Legoland!):

thicc and tasty and homemade (with skins) fries at Legoland restaurant. I'd appreciate this effort!

So basically for Botanica+Co, it's a no-go for me

Review : 2/5
(won't return for food, but would like to try their desserts & beverages next with hope!)



7. Asam Pedas Claypot Kota Laksamana, Melaka


A few times when visited Kota Laksamana area for work, I had asam pedas claypot and they are delicious! My colleague also seems to enjoy it, so I'll encourage everyone to look for asam pedas claypot whenever you're in the area. Kota laksamana is not far away from the Malacca River Cruise, so you're kinda in the area. Just try it! Although it's not like what my mom's usually made (mom's has thicker gravy, but this one is nice too -on the other level). Yes for me!

Review : 4/5
(cuz I have to say, mom's the best hihihi)




Anyone ever had any of the above and have different review(s) than mine? Can comment below..



That's all from me, until next post!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive