Busy Mom Life Saver : Tips for Organizing Kids Stuffs (Toys, Books & Bag)

9:01 PM



I know I am a super busy mom (my weekdays are all : meetings and site visit, although just back from site, I straightaway cook, sometimes I am in awe, looking at my energy level LOL), I have a trick-or two to busy moms out there

For a neat, clean house, my tips for organizing toys & stuffs : 
(but I only have one, active toddler boy here, not sure if it works for a home with many kids)

Note : For bag, I just put up on a display and it contains mostly stationaries. I put up my bag on shelves, so my son never tried to rearrange this (he used to see my bag all displayed neatly, maybe..)


Toys are kept in box for easy storage & re-appearance!

1. Toy Rotation

For one mom's sanity and well-being, I did toy-rotation to prevent too much toys at one time. For example, we hide the building blocks for about a month, and put figurines/action figure/dolls on display. On the other hand, when building blocks are out, others like cars went out too, for an engaging play (building tracks, bridges etc)

Lesser toys out means = the mess in under control! Easy!


2. Buy books of the same size

Whenever possible, I tried to buy/make books of the same size (although sometimes this is unavoidable!). I make my own ABC (Malay) & ABC (English) book for Seff and this lasts us so long! (Printed out via Photobook). I tend to look for a hard-cover books, so they resists wear and tear!


3. When (2) is not possible, buy pocket files

I started keeping Seff's take-home (from school) artworks/crafts in a file (it all started with one pocket file, in pink color! LOL) and from there, I kind of grow the collection. I now have 4 files, one for different activities (so they were easy-to-reach) : 
i. Artworks & crafts
ii. Writing (pre-writing sheets, writing sheets)
iii. Reading (phonic readers of different level)
iv. Coloring books/sheets

Since I got this pocket file at the cheapest price of RM2.00 (0.48 USD), I plan to buy more for future use! Alternatively, you can use boxes or magazine file (more expensive)!

Any mom is guilty of buying cheap worksheets from ECO Shop! (RM2.10 each) hehehe


Hope this tricks help!


Until next post!


Tag : organizing kids toys, toy organization, pkpd activity, organizing toys during lockdown, lockdown activity


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive