Malaysia's Movement Control Order : Financial Literacy

7:30 PM


Please watch video below :


Source : Youtube


I've shared this on my FB page last year. Yeah, the millenial debt. Such strong message I'd like to discuss.

During this MCO, some rich celebrities and influencer/so-called entrepeneur in Malaysia, has decided to reveal themselves to the World, let the nation knows what their heart is made of.. Why easily triggered? Because the economic crisis comes afterward made them.. well, loses their mind

Note : Soooo kiasu one hoh

Anyway, I am soooo against debt of any kind, but maybe I was lucky. During which I started working, I have to declare all my assets, loans and all. This is when it all started.. I was lucky I have no loans -no student loans, my education entirely was sponsored until my Bachelor Degree

I paid for my own wedding, in 2013, even it means no lavish ceremony, but enough to make me happy.. (I did the Nikah Dais myself/DIY, like I did with Seff's Akikah, I design my own wedding card and send them for printing only, I rent not own my wedding dress, and all.. But I am okay, I made peace with what I've done)

I saved up RM2,000.00 every month back then, I love how I managed my own money

Tips : Saving before Spending

And then when the wedding is all done, I still haven't (until today!) buy any car for myself. But our family car is Husband's, deciding the CAR is also easy, I don't want anything that burden us later. Some people so eager to buy branded, imported car. Naahhhh, not me. Not saying I am a simple girl, I just, know my priority?

Purchasing house comes later in 2016, when we visited so many HOUSES one could do : we book many viewing sessions, new unit, subsale unit, high rise, low cost, condo, 1.5storey, you named it. Until we bought our first house, 2-storey link house, using only 1/2 of my loan eligibility back then..

.. because basically I don't want this property to be a burden to us. Luckily, I never had trouble paying (deduct automatically from payslip hehe), while maintaining current lifestyle. I even can manage it during which I HAD 6-MONTHS LONG UNPAID LEAVE after Seff's Birth..

I feel extremely powerful not having to burden anyone, even my husband, but prior to making the decision (to go for unpaid leave), I, again saved up my monthly pay for it.. Obviously.


But the challenges today is when the digital world demands everyone to showcase their "perfect" life, although it means a perfect lie. I am also forever grateful that SEPHORA didn't exist back then in Malaysia during my University years, else, I'd go crazy too. 


But who are we trying to kid? Who we want to impress the most? I wish the pressure shouldn't be like today. I am all towards something more secure, stable, than having a perfect life, because the limit/race.possibilities seems endless. And again, who are we trying to impress?

I am a family man, I love to treat my own family.. because they are all I care for




Anyway back to the topic, the high overhead one's created, now that the economy is doing not very well, are all the choices you once made.. You had your ups, now prepare to face some downs in life.

BECAUSE LIFE IS ABOUT BALANCE, you know?






Until next post, you don't have to agree with me!




.. be inspired instead





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive