Of Family, Names and Sulam Bunga Trend

4:39 AM


So parents are responsible for naming their children. My husband and I, we'd like to keep our children's name short and unique. Yes, unique

Just because my husband and I, we both has only 1-word name. Ziandi & Syahira. So we'd like to pass the tradition downwards

So far we already listed out few name choices for daughters and sons, quite a few years back, and we honestly sticked with (using) them

What about the meaning? It occurs to me that name meaning doesnt really matter. But if anyone asked, I could always answer

For example, Euseff is a variant of Youssef, a prophet's name. There, satisfied?

Although in the future, our child name will be even more modern (we picked out the most conservative names first, hehe) so please stay tuned for more haha

And again, I don't really care about the meaning because.. look at my Husband's. And he's a gentleman himself, not some sorta loser/underachiever/sampah masyarakat/etc negative. So no, name doesn't matter

If God permitted, Id like to have a daughter next. I need a shopping partner too!

P.s. although not be planning any child soon because Id really, really like a 4-year gap now

My family is known to have this sulam bunga trends meaning; theres always daughter-son-daughter-son in the family (in that particular order, starting with daughter first). Oh, the trends seems to likely passed down/run in the "daughter" side/family

My Grandma has 4 children which are:
1. Daughter (my mom)
2. Son (my Pak Ngah)
3. Daughter (Mak Uda)
4. Son (Paksu)

And then my mom has 4 children too:
1. My sister (Ina)
2. My brother (Pidos)
3. Me (Syera)
4. Lil bro (Jani)

My Mak Uda has 4 children, also in the same trend/order like my Grandma and my mom


Visual aid to portray the trends

And now my cousin (first born of my Mak Uda -Ayang) has 2 children with probably the same sulam bunga trend:
1. Daughter (Raisha)
2. Son (Ilmam)

As for me, I also have two:
1. Daughter (Elana)
2. Son (Euseff)

Not saying I care so much about following the trend, but if I can predict my next child, if its a daughter that'd be great. And another 2 (maximum) is enough for me. Haha. Quality over quantity, always!



Else, I need a bigger house! 😅




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive