Paris 2023 Day 1 : Check-In (Citadines Trocadero) & Dinner at New Jawad (Rue de Longchamp)

3:20 PM


We start the Day 1 in Paris by arriving, we took British Airlines for LHR-CDG flight (London to Paris) until finally arrived at Paris in the morning. We already had in-flight snacks, so our next move is to:
1. Buy local/Europe SIM card for travel use : 40Euro for 2 phones
2. Take Airport Taxi to Hotel (Citadines Trocadero) : 55Euro for one-way trip


Checking in process was smooth, we got a little bit earlier and was told our room is ready! Once checked-in, I straightaway unpack & cook ourselves Brahims Chicken Briyani because my son is still sleeping (such a sleepyhead that day) and we cannot go out yet (plus its raining outside, so more reason not to go out!)


I went out to Carrefour City (just a short 3-mins walk), to get our basic food (mineral water, chicken & surprise eggs for my son) and returned home. We made ourselves comfortable until dinner time (about 6pm-ish, since its winter & horrible weather, 6pm feels like 8pm). We walked past this restaurant : New Jawad, only to learn that they opens at 7pm!





We walk around a little bit before coming back to the restaurant (with booking) until we finally sit down for some wholesome meals.. 

For the dinner, we ordered: (we capped our meals to be 60 Euro/meals, but this costs us 40 Euro only!)
1. Chicken Briyani (portion enough for 2pax)
2. Naan cheese
3. Chicken Tandoori




(2) and (3) are my favourite! But the Briyani is so-so, they contains more spices but less "umami", I liked Malaysian Briyani from local mamak more (my favourite so far is Restoran Ar-Rasheed Bandar Saujana Putra), ummmph (with chicken & boiled egg, nyums!)..

Since the food is good, we repeat the same order the following nights (tapau & bring back hotel)..

Overall, coming to Paris in winter, going out when it is 50-50 rains/slight rain, make me hated this city! When in Australia, I can go out at night, in the rain, wearing flip flops, while here, a little bit cold air seeping into my sleeve enough to irritates me the whole night!

I love Paris, but hate this weather.. I know I'll be coming back here, but not in winter hahahah. I cannot explain this feeling, but I like a sunny day in winter (or a sunny day with cold breeze), but hate everything else!


Cost of Day 1 in Paris :
Transport (Airport Taxi) : 55 Euro
Food : 65 Euro
Groceries : 14 Euro
Other (Telecommunication) : 40 Euro





That is all from me, until next post!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive