Paris Trip 2023 : Citadines Trocadero Paris

3:45 PM

 Since this is our first time in Paris, I cannot imagine what the hotels are like near the tourists attractions, and through my short research, many people go for Airbnb, and I don't. Why I choose hotels over Airbnb is written HERE

Paris being tourist attractions, there are a tad too many to choose from! 

But my criteria is as follows:
1. Spacious enough to acommodate 3pax (my husband, my son and I). 
I don't want to choose a standard room with only 1 bed and share with 3pax, ohh no, no..

2. Located near Eiffel Tower (or with Eiffel Tower view -while still keeping it within budget)
I didn't get the Eiffel Tower view, sobs because those with Eiffel Tower view is like MYR 10,000 in general (I did not dare to further research LOL, better give up and start small)

When deciding the hotel to choose from, I first decided to stay away from any red light district, and have to research what is the safest area among the arrondissement, have halal food nearby and walking distance to any place with Eiffel Tower view. I even use Google street to navigate around Paris (from my imaginary hotel hahah) what an effort! A+ for effort as usual.. right?

So I finally decided to stay in Trocadero in 16th arrondissement (pronounce = arron-diss-mont).

3. Kitchenette preferred
While this is our first time in Paris, I tried to imagine a worst case scenario where I have to cook for my son, just in case he's having trouble to eat Parisien breakfast/meals. My husband agreed with this, and we finally choose :




CITADINES TROCADERO PARIS

which is an apartment-hotel that is spacious, modern and at awesome location! And my husband praise me (more than 3 times at different times) that I manage to book this hotel since the experience is flawless..

From our arrival until departure, we fully utilize this room. One may not believe when I said this but, we really spend time a lot in our room! We rarely go out at night because of winter (I hate this super cold weather, we love it everywhere indoor and have heater on hehehe), and this trip was an anniversary trip (leisure), we are not is a rush of covering all Paris attractions. 

So yeah, we spent good amount of money for comfort. 



Our hotels to our top visited locations as follows:
(1) Carrefour City (this is a must-visit since I bought mineral water, milk, fruits, halal chicken & sweets here!)
(2) New Jawad Longchamp (had our first and most nights here -dine in or tapau)
(3) Carette (must visit cafe, I love Carette!)
(4) Palace du Trocadero (we can watch Eiffel Tower every day, day & night!)




ARRIVAL & CHECK-IN

When arrived at CDG Airport (Paris), we took airport taxi straight to hotel (around 50mins or so I believe) because its raining and we don't want to be lost in new town, I tend to take best route/way possible in every steps that we take (ask myself : mudarat mana yang lebih besar? sesat while carrying luggage? no thank you)

My son falls asleep at all times, not sure because of the weather or what?? We carry along thermometer just to make sure he is well at all times, his temperature were normal (36-ish) but he's sleeping like a baby! He's sleeping in taxi, at hotel lobby & after check into the room!





We took airport taxi from CDG airport to Citadines Trocadero, cost us 55Euro (cheaper than uber LOL)


Raining all the way..


My son at hotel lobby (Citadines Trocadero)


Temperature that day. Heater needed!




ROOM TOUR OF OUR HOTEL

Our room is 1-bedroom hotel with a balcony (both bedroom and living area share the same balcony) and of highest floor. I love this room, but I wish it was not winter, or I'll fully utilise/hang out more in the balcony.. Since it was winter, we tend to stay indoor because outdoor is cold AF! (to us tropical countries hahaha)

Below is our room tour video (excuse my son, he sleeps everywhere Day 1 in Paris LOL):


The 1-bedroom apartment



The 1-bedroom apartment is actually accommodate up to 4pax -their sofa bed is convertible to become a bed. comfyyy and my son loves it (photo above, we convert only 1 part of the sofa bed just to show how the bed becomes)

My son went bed early everyday at 7pm, 8pm (Paris time) just like he's at home (Malaysia). And since we sleep when the baby sleep, we also woke up early (2,3 am Paris time) hahaha

Our early morning routine : 
2am - woke up, sort/arrange clothes for the day
3am~4am - husband will go downstairs to have our clothes wash and dry (at laundry area in the hotel). My husband uses this time to chat with the hotel staffs, asking they their corporate working hours/days, etc)
5am - my son woke up, I will cook some simple meals for us three including my son


Simple, random meal early in the morning just to make sure my son is full that we won't starve until next meal hahah

6am - we took bath and ready to go out! Carette opens at 7am, so leaving hotel around 6.45am is good enough to score good seat before it gets crowded with people. I love that Carette is only 3mins-walk from our hotel!




Chilling but not long cuz its cold outside!


Overall, we really love this hotels for their complete amenities, awesome location and friendly staff. I would recommend to everyone I know!




Hotel rating : 4.8/5 
(and I never put something over 4.5, but this one just missing eiffel tower view, or it'd be 5/5 hehe)


That is all from me..



Until next post!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive