My 31st - 35th Birthday Presents

6:30 PM


I realized now I gravitate towards pink stuffs.. although I rarely worn pink clothes.. hehe


I think I once mentioned (somewhere in this blog) that after 30 years old, while life is more stable, I'd like to have good things (that lasted!) in life

Below is my birthday presents, I'd like to include more details on why did I pick all these (among other things).. I include price because one should realized, I am average, not too spoiled to demand Gucci, not too cheap also laa.. haha)

1. 30th Birthday (Year 2018) : JuJuBe BFF in Black Matrix (priced around RM1,000.00)

Euseff was born in Dec 2017, and starting May 2017 I have a looooong list of baby items on my wishlist (the preparation for the baby is extensive!). Somehow I also wanted something for myself -a pretty, durable diaper bag. I made a blog post about it too : HERE. It's not hard for my husband to guess what I wanted, since JuJuBe won through comparisons. Although they are many prints available in the US, my JuJuBe BFF (Black Matrix) was purchased locally (MothercareMY), and Black Matrix is of the decent, close contender to the "Queen of the Nile" print. Other prints in Malaysia are mostly cartoon ones >.< (Tokidoki or something)



2. 31st Birthday (Year 2019) : KATE SPADE Zip Around Wallet (priced around RM500.00 if I'm not mistaken, this one I really forgot)

Everyone knows I have been using my previous wallet a tad too long (more than 8 years!) and I really am impressed with Kate Spade products.. To be honest, I still have not discarded this previous wallet, I guess I will keep it to really test the product through time.. although the wallet is aggressively worn (there are times where I did go out on date/dinner carrying only that wallet (phone is kept inside the purse it'd become a bit bulged but the YKK zipper still functions well until today! Damn, too goooooood, Kate Spade!)

Because of my super good experience with Kate Spade wallet, I asked my husband specifically for Kate Spade wallet (if he was to purchase me any), so I got new ones in 2019! of lighter shades and different leather.. we'll see how it performs (so far still spotless!)



3. 32nd Birthday (Year 2020) : DYSON Airwrap (priced around RM2,000.00)

In the pandemic year of 2020, I really craveeee for this innovative Dyson products -either their Supersonic Hair Dryer of the newest Airwrap! My hair really is loving this. Dyson claims that their hair styler will prevent hair from damages as a result of high temperature/heat treatment. I assure you, I have Phillips styler in the past and it did nothing to hair texture.. but with Dyson, the hair is completely tamed and feels smoooooooooth. I never experienced this with any other styler, and this is by far, my favourite birthday gift, ever!

As opposed to pandemic being a rough year for most people, my husband got the highest (yearly) bonus in 2020! (his former MD told us this), so he spoilt me a little this year.. teehee..



4. 33rd Birthday (Year 2021) : FOREO UFO2 (priced around RM1,000.00)

I was hooked with beauty products in year 2020 - 2021, I wanted the Foreo UFO (not the UFO mini because of limited pairings with their sheet masks), and during that year, the latest arrival was the Foreo UFO2 (the former is Foreo UFO). I am liking this device a lot, but their other devices launched  by Foreo seems so-so to me.. love the Foreo UFO2, but not really in love with the brand



5. 34th Birthday (Year 2022) : MICHAEL KORS Access Gen 6 Bradshaw (priced around RM2,000.00)

I kinda late wearing smartwatch, but eventually joined in to become a user, making sure I'd monitor my heart rate, steps etc daily. In 2020, I bought husband Fossil Smartwatch, and we know that Fossil is the MK smartwatches maker, but comparing those two, with small additional $$, I got the better looking (and interface of Michael Kors'), with an additional strap some more.. Gen 6 Bradshaw was their latest arrival, so husband bought me this!

Wear this daily too, love it! I thought the straps gonna get many hairline scratches, but no.. very good quality by MK! 



6. 35th Birthday (Year 2023) : POLÈNE Numéro Un Nano (priced around RM2,000.00)

I am not easily influenced to buy leather bags since I am really looking for quality (rather than brand names/status). I got a cute collection of Coach leather bags, and they are all still function well (I am still in disbelief). Since I need something like Coach (but with fresher design), I have been eye-ing on POLÈNE bags. I am cross-referencing with great influences like Tanner Leatherstein who gives great opinions & knowledge on leather bags.

Tips : Coach & POLÈNE are brands of quality leather bags at reasonable price (do check his IG!) The other? one is buying their "status" more than their leather price..

So I decided a POLÈNE bag is reasonably price for my husband, hoping it will perform well like my other Coach bags (I think I will post about my Coach bags collections! since they the only brand of leather products I can afford with my mid level income). The others like : BONIA, Longchamp, Furla I had are not leather bags, so after so long they kinda died on me.. done & dusted



Under natural lighting


This is what the items look like after years of owning/using them -that is why I wrote this post! To show you readers of how meticulously I'm selecting what I wanted, based on the brand reputation & quality.. they are all looks like new!






That is all from me, until next post!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive