Serenia City Development : The Early, Honest Opinions on Sime Darby

9:09 AM

We thought buying house from a reputable Developer like Sime Darby is going to be a flawless experience.. but NO. I have to personally say, Sime Darby is like 'Cap Ayam' Developer (or may I say, pakar sub sub contractors/super cheap sub-contractors?) 

Note : hire cheap contractors, can maximize profit 😅

The group of house owners are now flooded with issues during completion of their newest Serenia Ariya development. The list of issues are below (I'll probably update more in the future):

i. Bad workmanship (although there is this DLP period of 2 years)

ii. No perimeter fence (although it was learnt that Sime Darby is completing this task 6months after key VP for previous development)

iii. Late completion (dan dikenakan LAD) - big developer, bad project management? haha I'll laugh all my life..

Since this was never happened to me before, my experience with previous developer for my first house is really okay. All the defect list sent were repaired/make good. More story : https://pinkyleona.blogspot.com/2017/03/proses-masuk-rumah-baru-step-1-of-5.html

I cannot believe they haven't made the perimeter fence since the house is at prime location, near highway & main road, which never happened to my previous house (also the nearest to main road). This is a safety concern @ hazard risk to me. If they have the right mind, they could've done temporary fencing.. but NO

While for the issues item no. (i) & (iii) is to me laughable since for such a big name (Sime Darby), their project planning is POOR.

Note : I thought big projects will have no issue is workmanship (substandard works) and will complete early. Haha (sorry I'm still laughing in disbelief)

Please note when were asked why the late completion, Sime Darby rep will told you, 
"COVID is global issue, kami follow arahan/further instructions from Government, that's why lambat"

You/buyers should always remember this = the Government has awarded Sime Darby their mandatory EOT, so the rest is Sime Darby's fault (on the late completion). The owners were given LAD, meaning Sime Darby has failed in Project Management, terribly..


Anyway what's done is done. When we bought this house in Serenia City, we were "promised" that the project will complete in 07/2022, and then 10/2022, and then 12/2022, and then 01/2023 which is all WRONG. Feel soooo stupid to just blindly believe them. VP is in March 2023. Haha

Since the start is bad AF, will focus more on proper submissions of Defect List to Sime Darby, I WILL UPDATE ON HOW SLOW THEY MAKE THE REPAIRWORKS. And maybe I'll laugh again..


Here is some photos from another house buyers on the defect they've seen so far (only days after VP):








Ooooh the substandard works



They had trouble with the roof design, that some houses are actually flooded with rainwater. One of the worst happened (shared by neighbor) below (there are few cases): 







ADDITIONAL INFO : KEY HANDOVER EXPERIENCE : 


Update : their appointment for key handover, is trouble AF, maybe to buy them some time to do remedial works.. grrr




For the key handover process, we (at first) wasn't given an early slot with email as follows:


So what I did was:

1. I called them up, demand an explanation of why the limited number of appointment. I said:
"Sekarang masih pandemic ke? Few weeks ago you all buat open house, tu boleh pulak? Tak ada limit number of guests/activities pun? I will report and do formal complaint to KPKT"..

2. They called me back, told us we can cut queue for key handover, without proper cleaning of the house..

3. On the day of key handover, they had the house cleaned 🤣🤣🤣

Haa, kan boleh key handover, effort tu je awak kena UP sikit ye, wahai Sime Darby.. takdalah asyik hadap buyers' rant sajaaa. Please be wise next time..



Maybe I'm sharing this to give an idea to future buyers on what to expect, how to deal with them.. come on, macam macam kaedah Sime Darby buat to make sure buyer lambat dapat kunci.. Good luck, future buyers (other development)!





That is all, until next post!


tag : review serenia, review rumah serenia, pengalaman duduk serenia, serenia city malaysia, review serenia city, sime darby serenia review, serenia banjir, Sime Darby cap ayam

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive