Normalizing "Strong Women" at Work : What is This All About?

3:57 PM

It is a concern to me that there are some business owners (read : strong, "workaholic" ladies) who are trying to normalize this strong, "fit for work" even though they are in postpartum/confinement period. The public feedback of them actively on-the-move/work/do charity work are always sour but they stand strong behind this.

I did not care about the public opinions, at all

What I think (most of the time, I see something not everybody sees) upon seeing this trend is this = A BRAINWASH.

I think those business owners are on the outside -trying to empower women through creating jobs fit for all, support other women through whatever they claimed doing. But I think they are trying to normalize "workaholic" trend to their workers. 

Note : Their workers specifically, I'm not theirs to manipulate

I am beyond grateful to be a Government servant, that over the time, many kemudahan to support working mom/ladies -being introduced such as : 
(a) 300 days maternity leave now becomes 360 days (read this on repeat!)
(b) Flexible working hours
(c) Kebenaran Keluar Awal 1 Jam Untuk Pegawai Wanita Mengandung
(d) Cuti tanpa gaji menjaga anak, cuti separuh gaji menjaga anak sakit, etc


I know netizen has given many reasons for a mom in postpartum shall limit movements, strenuous activities, but my only argument is below :

As a Muslim, you know one of the benefit of fasting (In Ramadhan) is to improve gut (they will reset instead of breaking down foods 365days a year). If your stomach is allowed to heal, WHY DON'T YOU TAKE CONFINEMENT SERIOUSLY? 

It's only three months per-a-few-years occasion -what's the rush to move like a complete normal person? And especially pity to the newborn who is supposed to have a constant mother-child bond during this time. I reckon the newborn sight isn't fully developed, and lacking the touch some more? Fuhh!

Afterall, this is my personal views and comment only. I hope this will serve a lesson to some, you either want to be a more responsible boss, or you before committing your life to this "horrible" boss/business women (portraying themselves empowering women LOL)


One random photo of me at work, because I cannot publicly reveal who this post is about, but you can privately guess, haha




Until next post!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive