Welcoming New Baby : Betta Fish

10:58 AM

We have been pet free for a year plus now (gave away our cat to a friend since we currently are living in a high rise). One day (last week), when browsing through the same old weekly "Gerai Jualan PUSPANITA" at ground level where I work, I saw a new face selling away Betta fish and I think, "why not?"

I finally purchase a Betta fish! But a friend told me that the Betta is an old one, and that he will die as soon as the next week (he said). That same day, I straightaway went to aquarium shop and purchased a decent size tank! (not sure about the gallon, will update soon!)

That same night, I made a quick research on Betta fish, and setup a new tank and cycle the water overnight.. the following morning, we found out the Betta is dead! >.<

P.s. so my friend was right.. anyway, that Betta is beautiful (tricolor) but when placed a mirror in front, he didn't spread his fin. So maybe, he is old AF, I dunno..

I did a lot of research then and on last Saturday -after 3 aquarium shops and hours of searching, I bring home another Betta! The first question I asked the shop : "this one is young, right?" LOL lesson learnt


Hello, new Betta! (yet to name him 'cuz I need inspo!)

Together with the Betta, I bought Java Fern and just some simple rocks (the same time I bought the aquarium). On Sunday, I thought the tank is super empty and I needed to know if Betta like it bright or he needed shades, so I bought 2pcs drift wood.

The current setup and its price are as follows :



So far I thought this new hobby is way cheaper compared to when caring a cat.. Everything about their house, food and decor are comparably cheaper.

With cats they need food (bought Nutram/Royal Canin), milk powder, supplement (some expensive oils) and even go on regular vaccinations hehe. Not sure about fish, but I think I won't dream of super large tanks, I am okay for now..

I think I wanted marimo moss ball next, we'll see. I just hope I could just maintain the water condition in this tank and just hope that this Betta can make it to the following years!



Any tips from any of you aquatics enthusiast?



Until next post!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive