Ideas for a Child-Free Weekend for a Married Couple!

1:36 AM

 This blogpost was inspired after a conversation with a dear friend (newly married couple) recently -during which I suggested them to have a stay/getaway to a no-child policy hotel.

Note : To also remind me if my husband and I had the chance of spending time together without Seff 
(Like Seff staying at grandparent/camp/babysitting service etc LOL, we wish!), we know if we had one we wouldn't waste it (the opportunity)


If was asked, I have to say I am grateful for not having a child too early (although I conceived early, losing the pregnancy/miscarriage later at 10weeks), because we had the chance to explore some part of the world at our own, sweet time (child-free). I am also forever grateful we welcome our child at later stage, when we (my husband and I) are both stable in life & job, and have no financial issues raising a child

So my recommendations to those child-free includes :

1. Stay at a No-Child Policy Hotel

I would recommend a weekend stay at a no-child policy hotels. I came across this ideas way back when I am planning for a vacation at Thailand, I am in awe with this gorgeous villa (forgot their name now!) but when I am planning to book it, they are actually a hotel with no-child policy..

The most gorgeous villa we've been to is probably (not sure about their child-policy upon google) = The Baray Villa, Phuket, Thailand


Upstairs (bedroom). Gorgeous, isn't it?


View from upstairs to downstairs (toward the in-room jacuzzi). This is probably not good for child too, as this romantically open jacuzzi is not safe for a small child


But since we are in the pandemic these days, the local hotel I've known to have this no child policy is :

The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat, Ipoh, Perak


Their water villa

The website (https://www.sunwayhotels.com/the-banjaran) quotes : "In keeping with the exclusivity and ideals of this bespoke sanctuary, The Banjaran only accommodates adults and guests 12 years of age and above"



2. Travel to a New Place

Especially if it's a new place I haven't been, I think I am less likely to travel with a child due to many uncertainties. Food access & transport is the main concern. I am especially travel for leisure, and I always go for a hotel at main town (In Sydney, we stay at Four Seasons & other hotels near Circular Quay), but one time, we went to Bukittinggi, Indonesia, and the best hotel in town we could find, has no 24-hours convenience store nearby at all. At nighttime, we're doomed. Imagined if that is WITH A CHILD. I could go crazy!

Traveling usually involves A LOT of walking & taking buses/trains (which I am not sure about if I were to bring a child along, definitely will rent a car for safety & comfort). By safety, I mean not losing/missing a child in the middle of public transportation usage. By comfort I mean, able to stop for a meal/toilet breaks at anytime a child wants. 

Note : We went to Great Ocean Road (GOR) in Melbourne back then with a travel company, because we are fit! In our trip group back then, there was a couple with one child with us, and sadly, the child is nauseous and puking a few times throughout our journey. Pity her.. So yeah, if I were to bring Seff to explore GOR next time, definitely will rent a car

So yeah, don't stop traveling and exploring new places to all my childless friends!


Still think I should visit Cebu, Philippines because of this (Kawasan Falls)
Photo source : https://www.klook.com/activity/3886-kawasan-waterfalls-osmena-peak-cebu/



3. Go to a Formula One GP/Concert/Movie Theatre! 

Before kids, I think I never skip a year without Formula One racing (2010-2016, until which Sepang Circuit is no longer in F1's calendar), but I would never bring my child here (I know we wear ear plug/ear muffs, but a child will do what a child will do -disobey us sometimes!). 


The last F1 race I went to (2016)

The last family day (with live concert we went with Seff, I made him wear ear plugs haha). Pity those little ears!

And lastly a movie theatre we went to recently is also without Seff because we are worried of not-focusing on the movie, and the loud speaker volume. But this can wait until Seff is bigger and more obedient, perhaps.. 


Our recent movie date



4. Theme Park (Portraying Universal Studios right now..)

I still remember vividly how we spent our younger days (earlier in the marriage) behaving like kids, excited in the parks and trying out every rides (and even repeatedly revisit Transformers ride) and then after kids, haha it all went totally different. I waited for my son while my husband enjoying his ride alone, and vice versa. Unless if we hire a nanny for a day, maybe yes we both could enjoy theme parks like old times hehe. 


This is us in the Universal Studios Singapore

Worry not, we'll wait until Seff is bigger so us three could go crazy in parks! 

Note : Same goes with activities like mount hiking (extreme ones like Mount Kinabalu), island/beach getaway with water activities like snorkeling. I believe couple must take turns, unless accompanied by another helper (to supervise the child)..

EDITED / BONUS = Whitewater Rafting

I almost forgot about this activity, but I already tried a lot of extreme sports like flying fox, absailing, jetskiing and many other including Whitewater Rafting!

I went there with friends, but you can definitely experience this with your family -I witnessed a couple of 2 children went on this journey but of course, with kids, the kids will be sitting inside raft/floor all the time (safer), while the extreme ones will be sitting at the outer tube. And with kids, they will take safer route and the raft won't capsize


Our boat hit an extreme route and I was thrown out into the water! One lifetime, enjoy it!


This is among things I could think about for a childless couple right now.. We know Malaysia has always been a child-friendly places, that we bring our child to a fine dining and we certainly enjoy certain places more with children (like zoo, bird park etc) which I think I won't go if I have no child. Haha. We gotta love and thankful for our child!



Until next post!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive