Turning Weakness To an Advantage

11:10 PM

I have a fun fact about me : I don't drink coffee

THE HISTORY : ME & 1/2 CUP OF COFFEE

It is not that I am allergic or anything, it's just.. I'd stay awake for about 48 hours if I drink one. Hehe. My first coffee experience is with my then housemate, Iliyana. We were 18 years old (yep, had my first coffee experiences at the age of 18, soooo late)

At that time, Il pulled out her smallest sachet of nescafe, one you got from hotel suits for the smallest cup one. So, she made half a mug, and we both shared the caffein. That night, lights out and all, I cannot seem to put myself to sleep. I learned that I am wide awake, even though I am in dark room, chill and all. So bored

The following day, I am energetic as usual in classroom, feeling and looking like my usual self. That night, although having a little bit problem to sleep, I made it -48 hours awake. No heart palpitations, feeling normal

That is when I know that : Coffee is a little too strong for me!

TO USE MY WEAKNESS AS AN ADVANTAGE

As a teen, of course I went to Starbucks. But not once I drink coffee from them. I either get their non-caffeine options, or have none at all (no drink, only hanging out with friends). Thankfully, I have awesome friends, one that always treat me to juices in Starbucks, and believe me they were urghhh, NOT WORTH IT. 

Growing up, in University years, I usually use coffee as my very powerful tool to stay up the night to do revision/study before examination. I am okay in class, hardly skip classes and really focus in class, so my night is usually a revision, and I remember precisely, once, I do revision while watching ANTM on my laptop, alternate every 1hr. I don't pushed too hard doing revision, but I need the hours to make sure I covered all topics and that I am good

In return, yeah, I am among the top student in class, even got 4.0 GPA in my final semester hehehe

Every once in a while, I took coffee during certain occasion that needed me to stay up the whole night

THE DAY I HAD MY HEART BROKEN

When Elana died in the NICU, I have sleepless nights, emotions totally wrecked. I do not know when to sleep, or if I sleep better. I want to change. I don't know, heartbreak really do change people. I promised to change anything I was before.

So I started to drink coffee. It was a latte. I like this latte from a cafe nearby. When my friend Dina visited my town, I brought her to that cafe. Probably caught her a surprise that I ordered a cup of latte, but she did not mention



Had 2 or 3 cups, (in the span of months lah hehe) only to realize I'd probably will lose this advantage everybody is probably wanted to have

So I stopped drinking coffee again. And live my life as usual


This is probably nothing, no new news to anyone or anything, but, it is a story to tell, a unique one. Me & coffee have a very cool story


Until next post!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive