Going Green, Natural and Less Waste

4:53 PM


Although fashionably late, I am interested to be in the run to save our planet by going green, natural and less waste. Although I was never, and will never be obsessed with just about everything, I wanted to take my own, baby steps to finally be a better person one day

I believe that: small steps are better than none

So here are my non-obsessed journey/baby steps towards less waste :

1. To use plastic free products




To never use a single plastic in life seems too much/huge step, so I'd set my expectation low. To buy fruits/veges using mesh bag is easy, bring own container to take away food is even easier. But still, I am imagining my garbage plastics while typing this, feeling a little concern although it says degradable (but did not mention when, 5 years? 10 years? what about my favourite Tommee Tippee sangenic? *cry*)

One that I am definitely working on now is : to never using a plastic straws, and to skip/use my own metal straws instead. This is easy, since I am bringing clean cultery and chopstick for Seff anyway. I'd toss them all together into my bag/baby bag



2. To go for a plastic free beauty products




I think when it comes to Change, I shall start from my own personal belonging first. In 2019, I'd like to try plastic-free products, feeling good about them before making a long term commitment. The products are : Hair care (Shampoo, Conditioner), Skin Care (Facial Wash, Toner, Moisturizer & Serum) to Body Care (Body Wash, Toothpaste, Body Butter/Lotion). These are all that I continuously bought, usually every 2-3 months

Would I like to change my make-up products? Not at the moment, no. Because I am not using too much make-up, even my all-time favourite Tarte BB Tinted Treatment Primer lasted me more than 6months, so I think I am doing just fine.. We'll work on this one later



3. Buying items in large size/bulk (without wasting the products)


Whenever I can't find a plastic-free alternatives, I vow to buy deluxe size items only once before committing to a larger size. Buying in bulk also means less trip, last longer and therefore, less waste. This one is especially for all my baby items (Mustela products, Buds Toothpaste, etc)






But different people have different opinions, style and upbringing, so I'll do my very best about managing waste according to me!





Will share my experiences on new beauty products soon!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive