(Proses Masuk Rumah Baru) Step 3 of 5 : Lighting, Fans & Wiring Works

2:26 PM


What were I thinking, when I thought I could cover less than RM 1,000 for lights T.T

The steps are nearly the same as previous post : Grille Installations

The easiest way (suitable for someone who is busy like myself) is to get the well known contractor/supplier/seller selling lights and just follow these steps:

1. Pick your lights (must already know/count your lighting points)
2. Get the quotation from supplier
3. Site visit and place order
4. Installation day


When the light guy came

Note : sorry for the blurred photo, for my own safety too!

Remember, my choice of lightings are only basic, no chandelier or some fancy, decorative ceiling lights whatsoever (yet). No basic calculations here since unit prices, discounts, etc vary from one store to another!

My total purchase are as follows:

A - Lightings :
1. Downlight (plaster ceiling) : 17 pcs
2. Ceiling mounted downlight : 6 pcs
3. Outdoor gate light : 2 pcs
4. LED Fluorescent : 7 pcs
5. Door bell : 1 pc
6. Spotlight : 1 pc
7. Labour charges : L/sum
______________________
Total : RM 2,500.00

B - Fans :
1. Ceiling fans (Panasonic) : 6 pcs
______________________
Total : RM 1,450.00

Note : Price stated are not included 2 Air Conditioning units since I already have them in current house

In less than a week (because I bought only the basic lightings, else, might have to wait for pre-order items), you will get your lights installed! Some of my own before-and-after photos :


Before looping and cutting holes for downlights


After (downlights & ceiling fan)


This is the priciest item in the house so far! LOL

Note : Even pricier than ceiling fan

Overall, I am satisfied with the installations and is now waiting for the next step : Curtains and Blinds. We went to JAKEL to do the curtains and it took about a month to complete (thus it'll be a while until the next posts on house progress/update)

Total cost involved as mentioned in this post :

Estimated cost : RM 2,500.00
Actual cost : RM 3,950.00
____________________________
Extra Cost : RM 1,450.00


Lets eat maggi now hehehe

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hai sis.. boleh share contractor yg buat wiring n grill rumah sis ni? I area ipoh. Sama area tak?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sis, wiring works by Artus Lighting Sdn. Bhd., untuk grille, I have to check with my husband pula, sebab malay contraktor (individu) that's why murah hehe..

      Delete

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive