Beauty Brands Guide : Who OWNS Your Favourite Cosmetics Brand

12:07 PM


LOREAL, being the biggest cosmetics company out there, own many of our beauty brands. Source : https://gr.linkedin.com/company/lor%C3%A9al#:~:text=Our%2036%20international%20brands%20include,%2C%20Diesel%2C%20Garnier%2C%20L'


Among the products I've tried are as follows:

1. Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray : among my holy grail setting spray, but no longer found in Sephora MY
2. IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream: they came out very convincing, being developed by team including plastic surgeon, but I tried their CC cream in the smallest tube and did not suit me (broke me out)
3. Garnier Micellar Water tried once, cannot finish the bottle and never purchased again. Not sure what everyone is raving about, feels so-so..
4. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer : I likes NARS creamy concealer more (repurchase many times). This concealer feels so-so. But the only makeup I always repurchase from Maybelline is their powder (which no longer found now, I tried every powder they had -nothing like my favourite, so I'd stick with Sephora powder for a long while now)
5. Redken shampoo was once my favourite dandruff shampoo, until around 2018/2019, no longer available in SHINS Malaysia, so I started getting to know ketaconazole shampoo. Such a life saver, it's like I never had dandruff! I'd stick with ketoconazole shampoo now (twice a week), and the remaining using regular shampoo
6. NYX lip cream:  I never tried their lip cream which is best-seller, but I do like their highlighter & contour stick, and then repurchase recently but no longer in love.. I tried their viral setting powder as well recently, and I am back to Sephora setting powder..





The next giant company in cosmetics is to me : ESTEE LAUDER


Among the products I've tried are as follows:

1. AERIN Ikat Jasmine smells good, but does not last
2. JO MALONE Peony and Blush Suede: smells good, also does not last
3. BECCA Champagne Pop I bought champagne pop the first time, following by BECCAxChrissy Teigen palette, and then they are no longer to purchase in Sephora MY. Their highlighter is blinding! - not for the faint heart
4. BOBBI BROWN soothing cleansing oil: one of my favourite cleansing oil in the past, before loving FARMACY cleansing balm even more! (replaced this Bobbi Brown with FARMACY)
5. Clinique dark spot corrector among my first purchase when joining Sephora beauty pass, but I did not return to this brand (moving forward).. I think they performed so-so
6. MAC Cosmetics: tried their foundation, smell like clay and not loving it. I like their lip products more.. 



Brands under P&G are not those I am attracted to, except SK-II!

I have been using SK-II in the past (started as early as the age 26, and stopped when I carried Euseff in my tummy, completely avoiding whitening/brightening skincare at that time), and now I bought SK-II FTE occasionally just to keep up with their brand.. I actually found a gem that completely transform my skin, I shall write about this soon! (Korean brand)



Unilever looks like a company I maybe wanted to try if I were a student, hehehe..


 



SHISEIDO is a company I am loving (they owned Bare Minerals, Laura Mercier in the past), but one I can confirm is, I love NARS and even though I am trying a lot of different makeup (especially foundation) brands out there, I found myself keep coming back to NARS! 

I have a group of gorgeous girlfriends who interested in make-up and beauty products, and recently was advised to check out this new brand : Cle de Peau. I think I'm gonna check it out..



Other brands not mentioned in writing : I haven't tried them personally.. so I cannot say. Care to share if there is anything good?





Until next post!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive