1st Birthday Gift Guide : Gift Ideas for 1-Year-Olds

5:11 PM

I have been meaning to write about this, even before Seff's 1st Birthday coming up

However I am afraid this might send wrong signals to my friends and family who is attending Seff's Birthday party last year. But to be honest, I secretly hope that Seff will receive either toy or book. But he received more money than toys >.< 

Note : Half a thousand to be exact, will be directly going into his savings

My ideas of a perfect gift is something that lasts long enough to be used for 3 years more, highly doubted that toys can last that long. I favor book a little bit more, but I have a super hard time choosing any. Been into Bookstores for hours, but I went out with none (bought my own book instead)

My (initial) ideal gift would be : an Encyclopedia with a lot of photos and facts

Since I found none that matches with my taste, I found the next best thing :






1. DOONA LIKI TRIKE
(Price : refer https://simpleparenting.co/liki-trike/)

Although not always mentioned this, but I loveeeeee Doona Car Seat/Stroller therefore I'll buy anything they are selling *waving*

I love that the trike is compact, foldable and light enough to be carried around and so far, I already tested bringing this to the mall, open and fold it when I am with Seff ALONE and it was a success! *proud

Love that we will be using this up to 3 years old, or whenever Seff knows how to ride a bike. This is to me a very good tricycle (and training bicycle) for a baby. Say no more..









2. (IT IS A TIE BETWEEN) VTECH SIT TO STAND LEARNING WALKER
(Price : refer https://www.vtechkids.com/product/detail/479/Sit_to_Stand_Learning_Walker)

& SKIP HOP EXPLORE & MORE BABY'S VIEW 3-STAGE ACTIVITY CENTER
(Price : refer https://www.skiphop.com/skiphop-nursery-and-gear/V_303325.html)

I would not want to comment on the use of a walker/jumper, but I noticed these two has activities that Seff likes. We tried the latest Skip Hop Foldaway Jumper, but he dislikes all the activities there. Bummer.

 Seff likes the toys here
The piano on this is educational too (make animal sounds)

Note : Prior to Seff's birthday, I made a busy board for Seff. The currect condition? Ruined with all appliances/components detached HAHA oh my baby boy






3. MEGA BLOCKS BIG BUILDING BAG
(Price : referhttps://www.megabloks.com/en-us/products/first-builders/big-building-bag-classic-60-pieces-dch55)

I do not think that anyone has grown up without building blocks. I even find myself hours playing with this at someone else's house, years back >.<

Size wise? Safe for a baby and growing up toddler. Unlike LEGO which is every parent's worst nightmare (if stepped onto)











4. HAPE POUND AND TAP BENCH
(Price : refer https://www.hape.com/uk/en/toy/pound-and-tap-bench/E0305)

I bought this when Seff is 9 months old, only now (when I google for link above) I realized it was meant for 12months+ old babies. What I can assure is that : a 9 months old do not even play with this, hehehe. Seff only chew the hammer and balls and that is all -at 9 months. And so I repacked this and reopened at around 11months.

Guess what? He instantly play (hit the balls PRECISELY) with this and he pulled out the xylophone, also curiously hitting it with the hammer provided to produce sound. He can play this for an hour (or so), and still playing at another time (did not get bored with this).

Too good to be true, but I love this toy! (made me happy as a mom)

Note : Seff also creatively trying to let a round block (Fisher Price's Shape Sorter) through the hole (it matches/of the exact same size) and the action caught me by surprise! Just how much a baby is actively thinking and being creative. I am a proud mom!








5. LEAP FROG SCOUT'S LEARNING LIGHTS REMOTE
(Price : refer https://www.leapfrog.com/en-us/store/p/scouts-learning-lights-remote/_/A-prod19262)

Used this since 6 months old, Seff has never get tired of this. It is interactive, has acceptably good, catchy learning music and guess what? I NEVER TRAVEL OUTSIDE WITHOUT THIS. I guess you can tell by my Instagram feed, where this toy appears repeatedly. It is also extremely lightweight and portable, so I just tossed it inside my baby bag (Jujube BFF) whenever we are out

Note : Use this during meal time, diaper changing (God knows just how much and strong a baby moves/roll during this time T.T) and this particular toy made it easy, I swear! (At least it works with my baby >.<)










Is there anything else worth mentioning? Drop your comments below ❤️



Until next post!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive