Newborn & Baby Toys

7:06 PM


I think I am a minimalism when it comes to baby toys hehe. Although pricey, I don't buy it often and I might be wrong about this

On the contrary, I always talk to him since birth (mom said I am good at this!), I play hand clapping (Sep sep sep, tom tom tom) with him until he laughed hard "terkekek-kekek" and there's a video of this..

There is no right or wrong in parenting so these are my choices in newborn & baby toys

Month 1 - 3 :

1. Sophie la Giraffe (SLG), RM99



Teether as its main purpose, I sometimes let Seff hold SLG (her long leg) and whenever Seff cried, I pushed SLG to make sound and made Seff stunned hehe


2. Fisher Price Kick & Play Piano Baby Gym, RM229



Every baby (and mommy) must haves! Not sure if all babies are alike but Seff kicked air since birth so this piano made sound all the time haha (good job with the battery too, haven't changed them until now, woah!)

And when hes in the baby gym, he sure didn't cry, made it possible for moms to bath, do business and so on (yay)

Around 1-2m old, Seff didn't grab the hanging toys (I believe) but stare at them all day. I once caught him smile to himself (probably because of the mirror!). But since we got this, there is this wrinkle sheets that made sounds and Seff will follow/toleh to this sound 
(so I know his hearing is good)



3. Playgro Hand and Feet Finder, RM79



Rattles are also babies best friend. Since they made sound, I think babies find this amusing hehe

Most of the time, Seff tried to put this is his mouth hehe



3 - 6 months :

1. Sophie la Giraffe (SLG), RM99



At 4m Seff has started biting my nipple so I gave him SLG for him to chew hahahaha. So far he already play with different body parts of SLG but his favourite is probably her head & ear 😂


2. Fisher Price Kick & Play Piano Baby Gym, RM229



Oh, did I mention that this is voted the best baby gym every year? ❤❤❤

I made research and decided to buy this (ahem, babah bought this actually hehe) wayyyy before Seff's arrival. Hehe

So from 3m, Seff has started grabbing the hanging toys, lifted his body when toys are in his hand, and most of the time.. chew this wrinkle sheets! (Sampai lencun this whole sheet, hanging!)



So since Seff loves this wrinkle sheet so much, mommy bought him his next toy..


3. Mothercare Soft Book (Bedtime Bunny), RM62




We would hang this inside his stroller, and found him busy playing with it and sometimes fall asleep just like that (letih kot)

This is our life saver until now!

Sometimes I read to him this, and it isn't just a book. It has sound, rattle inside the sheet and movable pyjama & curtain for a baby to play with 😊 very happy with this soft book!


4. Fisher Price Shape Sorter, RM38



I taught him to play with this, put his hands to where I am matching the shape, told him what colour and shape it was piece-by-piece and all..

.. Seff is yet to play with this himself


5. ELC Sensory Discovery Balls, RM69



Has been his favourite thing to grab and munch on! Hehe also very happy with this purchase

And ohh, it got rattle inside so you shake it first to get your baby's attention, let him take it (grab) from your hand and let him play with it (usually much)

I also rolled this all over his exposed body and tummy and he laughed hard! 

Geli with the rolling, or is it the uneven surfaces? Hehe


We also got gifts including toys, and they are mostly rattles.. the above listed are all we bought for Seff ourselves and they have their own reason(s)

We are still searching for 6m+ toys, want to decorate his room.. but the recent toy purchased is this :

Fisher Price baby tablet, RM 75



Very educational, and will review it later ❤





Until next post!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive