The Ultimate Mom Guide : Where to get the best deals for baby products?

9:21 AM


I am quite a careful shopper (because I tend to save more money for 2 purposes : emergency & leisure) and I dedicated my time during 2.5hour-long lunch break on Friday to browse around stores and compare prices. Or is it only me that I tend to have super awesome memory, that I can easily spot which stores has better deals/price?

So this post is especially dedicated to mommies, because I noticed everything is highly priced when tagged/labelled baby! Welcome to motherhood, welcome to every parents' trap hehe

P.s. more money saved = more money for education

Listed down below is all I know about baby items I love and where you should buy them / should not buy them. In social media, sometimes I share tips and most of the times I left comment(s) on some other mommies' post(s)



MUSTELA SKINCARE

I always loved Mustela skincare range and its proven to cure cradle cap! Believe me if your baby has cradle cap, Mustela newborn shampoo (foam type) will cure them in around 2weeks! Seff started developing cradle cap around 2months old and I read somewhere that Mustela newborn foam shampoo is a great solution. Its true, after finishing one bottle and cradle cap gone, we bought another bottle but never use it anymore, which means once cured you'll never have to depend on it anymore! Cool, right? From 3months old until now we use Mustela cleansing gel from head to toe because its easier like that haha. And seriously the issue (cradle cap) never made appearance ever again..

Mustela skincare, I believe is around the same price of Buds, I don't get it why everyone keep saying to me why don't I use Buds, since its cheaper. I bought both, and during which Seff has cradle cap, we use Buds during his bath, thought the Orange/citrus scent will make Seff's head smells fresh but NO, it smells awful post-bath.. Thus, I am team Mustela!


WHERE TO BUY : Caring Pharmacy, MYR 65.90
(For Mustela Cleansing Gel, 500ml, refer : HERE)
WHERE NOT TO BUY : Mothercare MYR 70.70
(For Mustelah Cleansing Gel, 500ml, refer : HERE)




BABY SAFETY GATE

During baby's active phase, we obviously need to baby-proof the house, and among the highly priced item is Baby Safety Gate. I remember going to Quill City Mall, went to the Happikiddo and straightaway discussed with the SA there regarding their safety gate brands available, took some photos and left the store empty handed. I am still comparing prices at that time.. My final purchase? Bumble Bee from Little Whiz.. I saved up RM200! What an awesome purchase..

Same size, different brand, but until now the Bumble Bee safety gate has stand through time and tested with a 4 and 2-year old strength (they keep hentam that gate because they wanted to climb up the stairs hehe).

I personally love the Bumble Bee gate because to lock it, you can even use your feet. Can just tendang the door until closed because it has magnetic closure. MAJOR LOVE! Cannot imagined if I have Seff in my hands, and then I need to lift gate to open/close it. I wish to show everyone its magnetic closure system, yet older kids cannot seem to figure out how to open this gate hahaha


WHERE TO BUY : Little Whiz, MYR 300
(For Bumble Bee's base + 2 x 28cm extensions)
WHERE NOT TO BUY : Happikiddo, RM 500
(For Safety's base + 2 x 28cm extensions)




BABY DIAPERS

Since it's a daily necessity, so one must get it at a good price, right? Although my favourite diaper is BAMBO Nature, of exceptional quality which I will not further elaborated, sometimes I use common brand that has wetness indicator because that is one cool features too

I thought AEON sold Huggies (green colour pack) wayyyy to expensive. Alternatively, you can get cheaper price of this brand (Huggies hijau) at Jaya Grocer. Well, you can score many cheaper items in Jaya Grocer compared to TESCO and AEON. Surprised, yet?


WHERE TO BUY : Jaya Grocer, MYR 39.90
(For 60pcs M-sized diapers, refer : HERE)
WHERE NOT TO BUY : AEON, MYR 54.90
(For 60pcs M-sized diapers, photo taken in-store)



Okay, I intend to do more about this but we shall see, what products make the cut. At least they should be something that everyone uses, or is everyone's favourite, right? I still am breastfeeding, so I cannot really comment on baby formula's price yet. So stay tuned!



Until next post!






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive