Seff's First Swimming Experience

11:57 AM




Seff's first (public) pool experience!


I have been so excited about.. getting Seff into the public pool. Mind you as a paranoid mom (ibu yang paranoid), I often ignore the hotel/public pools, knowing that I'd probably feel uneasy with its aftermath (I think-lah)

He'd probably catches fever, Rotavirus, etc.

Note : Seff has been into the bath tub and private pool though

But his first swim into a public pool was a success! It has been more than a week and he is still a happy, healthy baby. But we choose a less crowded, newly opened hotel though >.<

The newly opened Double Tree by Hilton Malacca is the first hotel I feel confident getting Seff into his first swimming experiences

The preparations? As much as I wanted to include sunscreen and all those fancy items, NO I DID NOT. I only prepared him with the following items : 

1. Float (we use Swimtrainer)
2. Swim diaper
3. Favourable location/site condition 
(I asked husband to first visit the (outdoor) pool to see where the sun hits)
3. Good health / Health check ✓
4. Time limit heheheh >.<


I can tell that Seff is nervous at first, judging from his leg position


One nervous face for the record


Whats with the leg hehehe


About 2-3 mins later, he looks like he's having the time of his life! Mind you he never cried during his daily bath time, often a little toooo excited during his bath haha



Getting more comfortable also means roaming across the pool 😀

Getting more and more confortable..


After few (doubtful FEW) shots and videos recorded, we decided we wont be letting him in the water too long





What, mom? Done already?


As long as we know he has basic water confidence, that should be fine..

Our next plan?

Swimming class!

I always believe in water safety so we wanted to get Seff to have basic, essential skills in his life. Afterall he's my only, sure, baby ATM!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive