Husband's 32nd Birthday at STG Tea House Cafe, Ipoh

10:03 PM

On Husband's Birthday, I simply wanted a casual outing at an exclusive (not crowded) place that we both can freely move with Seff, that makes Seff feel safe and comfortable

Plan B (our usual favourite) is on top of the list, but we also wanted to try other spot. So STG Tea House Cafe it is.. because it also has widely mentioned (online)



We straightaway ordered and waited for our food to arrive and these are my honest review :

Food : 2/5 
Ambience : 5/5
Service : 2.5/5

The location, the cafe itself is great



But I seriously hate my pasta (Golden Crab/Soft Shell Crab Pasta, RM38) and couldn't even begin to describe the dish. Everything were off -pasta wasn't perfectly cooked, I hate both the gravy and the fried crab wasn't as crispy as I usually like. Is it about timing? Because they served both our orders together, they could've done my food way too early

Golden Crab, RM38


Rib Eye Steak, RM72

Husband finished eating his steak (Rib Eye Steak, RM72), but only the meat portion. He said his potatoes were off too, but I couldn't be bothered to taste it. I straightaway advised my husband to not eat them potatoes, because they're the cheapest ingredients of the dish too, not sorry for the waste

We like their matcha latte and cheesecake though, so I think their specialty is solely on desserts and desserts only

In case you wonder, STG Tea House Cafe do not provide free cake on your birthday *facepalm*

If you craveeeee for steaks and ribs PLEASE PROCEED TO TONY ROMA'S. They gave free cake to birthday boy/girl too

If you love soft shell crab pasta like i do, PLEASE PROCEED TO PLAN B instead. Last time I had it there, the dish was flawless! *drool*

I usually ordered Chai Latte too at Plan B
*drool again OMG*

On their service, I really liked this first boy there who took our order and I almost feel like I am gonna tip big!

And their service was good until.. when I started to request for the bill. We also mentioned (upon order), we'd like to bring back their Baby Durian Cake, the item appeared on the receipt but it is nowhere to be seen when we already paid them all

So we asked for the cake

And the next boy (who brought us the bill) asked back for the receipt and brought it to the counter. As if we already took/had the cake

I personally feel HURT

And he came back with the receipt. Another boy cincai-ly (lightly, speedily) fold the baby durian box and gave it to us. The box was horribly folded -the inside of the box touched and ruined the cake completely. We sent it back

So the first boy came and fold again, this time in front of me. It sligghhhhhtly touched the box but I straightaway pointed at the doings and the boy folded once again with so much care. And he did it!

The Baby Durian Cheese Cake, RM25 and its drama

Honestly I won't bother to return here unless someone wants to belanja me lah



Anyway, there's the first celebration, just me, my husband and Seff

My little family, my everything!


It is to me upsetting that my treats for him turned out isn't the best experiences overall. Next, we made another celebration with my family, unboxing all the birthday presents!


P.s. this review is strictly OURS, thanks!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive