Proses Masuk Rumah Baru 2023 : Store Room (Under Staircase )

5:50 PM



 The first difference (of this new house) my mom noticed and she said this :
"Diorang (Sime Darby) tak buat stor bawah tangga ye?"

Of course, mom. Sime Darby Property, although reputable, just know (best) to sub-cons their projects and cut cost for moreee savings. Savings in business equals higher profit! LOL

At first, the bare under staircase means I can do anything = cabinetry, partition board (temporary structure), etc.. but my dreams are kinda messy (sorry husband!) and it was changed many times because of this preference : I wanted the door to be at least 3 feet from the bare wall (because in the future, I'd like to have some coffee station/cabinetry at this area)

1. Staircase Cabinetry (the first approach on my rough sketch = RM 5,992.00)


INSPO : Photo taken from IG : rumah_nz

My initial sketch (dreams) includes door & frame, bench cabinet & open compartment. I was warned on the super small space given to the contractor to do this.. (I know). And then after some sketch (I usually tape my space, just to imagine the results, just like I did with the KC contractors prior to ordering the kitchen island..)

And to my surprise, having my dream seating in the living hall seems like a bad idea because it kinda clashing with the house theme..

With the seating = looks more like a Scandinavian theme
Without the seating = it could be anything! (glam, modern, etc)

So the dreams are cancelled and we look for other options..


2. Gypsum Board / Drywall Partition


INSPO : Photo taken from FB : Partition dan renovation murah Selangor

And then we thought a temporary solution to this could be a gypsum board/drywall partition. Although known to be temporary/not strong, we really thought this is a cheapest option! Well, NOT!

Got 2 quotations for the drywall partition as follows:
Contractor 1 = RM 2,000.00
Contractor 2 = RM 1,800.00 (without door)

While our tiling guy can do the brick wall around the same price.. 


3. Brick Wall

We finally decided to go for a brick wall! Since it is sturdy, cheapest (since we add special door - half louvred door), and we trust the guy.. We will reveal the final look soon! (pending touch ups)

Without store room, it could be a mess storing bicycles, etc!



Cost of Store Room (Under Staircase) = RM 2,500.00




Until next post!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive