Braces Journey 2022

2:14 PM

 Since my 2022 New Year Resolution includes to make some bold decisions & changes, I finally decided to include wearing braces in 2022. 

What puts me off every year is the thought of getting tooth extraction >.< when all I have are healthy teeth..

So before committed to a dentist, I researched 3 clinics to get quotations & plans.. My issue is overcrowding teeth, so the feedbacks are:

Clinic #1 : brutally honest, must extract 4 teeth (1st molar)
Clinic #2 : can avoid tooth extraction, can opt for teeth shaving. But this may increase sensitivity
Clinic #3 : checkup only, should come back on certain days to talk to Dr (this one very weird clinic, Dr only visiting, this clinic has many branches, just visiting without Dr consultation was charged a lot zz #bannedforlife)

So after much consideration, I choose Clinic #1 because as much as the Dr is honest (I was kidding about the brutal, it feels brutal at first because he straightaway mentioned tooth extraction part/straight to the point) but Dr Azman is very gentle with patient..

P.s. I cannot live with tooth sensitivity haha I cannot imagined going through life with a lifetime issues/condition >.<

I'll break the experiences down to a few stages below : 

A - Bracket installation

Fear level is 3/5, while most concern going to be : will the bracket causes mouth ulcers/blisters? But thank goodness, I never experienced ulcers to this day (my last mouth ulcer is while NOT wearing braces, LOL)

Pain level (own experience) : 1/5 
(we can feel the teeth are loosen up)

Tips : increase water intake, I can vividly remember just how much water I took after bracket installations!


B - Tooth Extraction (For overcrowding issue)

Fear level is 5/5, knowing I have to bid goodbye to a healthy tooth every month.. I never had tooth filling, or have any other issues during checkup (I wish I have bad tooth to "konon" sacrifice), but now that I went through this stage, I know why they choose 1st molar. We have too many molar (that does the same job/crushing food), but the 1st molar has only 1 root, so it will be the least painful one)

Pain level (own experience) : 1/5 
(I went to work as usual & in less than 24 hours post tooth extraction, went to site visits, went to lunch and eat chicken with colleague and team mates, no changes in routine! No MC needed!)

Tips : Dr told me not to spit, so while recovering from tooth extraction I prevent spitting but rather brush my teeth as usual, but instead of spitting i properly drain my mouth with water. Recovery phase was easy, my tooth socket healed beautifully!


C - Power Chain

Fear level is 1/5, because I went through stage A & B like nothing. Butttt I am now getting my power chain (while typing this blog post) and well, they hurt! This is the part where I am complaining the most..

Pain level (own experience) : 3/5 
(teeth are movinggg)

Tips : hello soft food diet! and I am craving for ice blended 24/7!



My journey with braces is still on-going, but I wish to share the later stage and before, during & after braces journey whenever I have progress in the future!

My orthodontic treatment (braces) shall take about 2.5 years to complete.. (end in December 2024)

I highly recommended Dr Azman from Cyberjaya because Dr Azman is gentle, and most importantly the price is reasonable. First visit, no consultation fee! RM0.00! Cannot believe I paid other clinic almost RM100 (Clinic #3) for consultation with staff only.. 

Dr Azman address :

Klinik Pergigian Azman Neocyber
Neocyber, F-1-43, Biz Avenue, 2, 
Lingkaran Cyber Point Barat, 
63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor





Until next post!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive