2020 Eidulfitri

8:23 PM


We celebrated the 2020 Eid totally different, like never before, away from our family. As a small family of three, our preparation is considered minimal and small  

The Raya Studio Photoshoot



When Seff is born, we made promise of going to the studio to have our proper photo (cuz we need help badly, with the posing direction and all) taken every Eid, hoping this will be the one tradition we will never skip.. Plus we really like to see Seff's look progresses every year (but this 3rd isn't much different than his 2nd raya?)..



The Raya Attire

Obviously recycled, from Seff's Aqiqah heheheheh



The Gifting / Raya Cookies



This is the one thing I made that is totally different than previous years. Every year, I usually made 2 to 3 types of Raya cookies, while topping up with mom's signature Pineapple Tarts. But since I can't have my Pineapple tarts this year, and shipping them from my mom's would be impossible (super fragile cookies, will break to pieces), so I decided to make my own Pineapple tarts.

As early as the 1st day of Ramadhan, I asked everyone for cookies recipes, including my SIL's signature Dahlia Susu. I made them all.. (and proud of myself!)

And while Almond London is my expertise, I know the best combo for this gifting hamper/gift to our neighbors would be this :


And they loved it (especially the Almond London)



But I made a total of 6 types of Raya cookies : Pineapple tarts, Cadbury tarts, Almond London, Dahlia Susu, Red Velvet Chocolate Chip cookies and Rice Krispies in cups. I clear up the Rice Krispies (straight into my tummy) in no time.. HAHA


I also made some cookies to my family around the same area (in jars of larger quantity) as mine



Raya Food / Juadah Raya


I started cooking my own (definitely non-crispy!) Rendang and Raya dishes (either Curry, Ayam Masak Merah, Kuah Kacang or Lodeh) in my first year of marriage. Pre-marriage, I used to help my mom cook, while being in-charge of/the one who cook Ayam Masak Merah in large scale) 

So, cooking is definitely an easy task for me this year. Rendang Daging is cooked the day before cuz they tasted better the next day, and Sayur Lodeh on the Raya morning (cuz veges stay fresher this way). Our Raya Food including :

(A) Lemang 
(B) Nasi Imput
(C) Rendang Daging
(D) Ayam Masak Gulai Siam (Husband's request)
(E) Roti Jala
(F) Sayur Lodeh
(G) Sambal Ikan Bilis
(H) Telur Rebus (Boiled Eggs)

The meals that can come out from this (if you wonder) would be :
Signature Raya Dish : (A) + (B) + (C) + (F)
Roti Jala : (E) + (D)
Lontong : (B) + (F) + (G) + (H)

and mix (and match) them all according to your liking!



Seff's Money Packet / Duit Raya

Since we are in lockdown, we spent our Raya day video chatting with our family, and all of Seff's Duit Raya received through online banking. Reached MYR1000 already.. Well, kids nowadays..




I hope everyone is having a good time this year despite the Movement Control Order (MCO). I know everyone is celebrating differently -some able to went home after months of being away, some loses job, and others have their own story..


Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir & Batin to all !





Until next post!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive