2nd Birthday Gift Guide : Gift Ideas for 2-Year-Olds

5:49 PM

I did post a question on Instagram, of what to buy for Seff, turning 2 in December 2019. Among the suggestions and my personal research are :

1. Leap Frog Learning Friends 100 Words Book



I love this book for many reasons. First, they are very interactive, minus excessive lights and LCD screen. Best part is, the pages inside is extremely durable, even being snapped, frequently turned by a 1-year old, it stands through aggressive actions of a toddler. Seff tried to fold the page too, and no, it doesn't fold. Very thought out products, BIG thumbs up! 

It has Spanish language mode/options too, so yay to multilingual baby! >.< (I wish)



2. LEGO Duplo All in One Box of Fun


This is really age appropriate, and I have been thinking of DIY a LEGO table and all, until.. my husband told me not to buy any LEGO yet >.< alright.. maybe next year



3. FISHER PRICE's Laugh Learn Servin Up Fun Food Truck






Also age appropriate, this is a better version of a playhouse, which combines steering wheel (food truck), kitchen, toy food and many other -which Seff really loves. Except, it is rather small in size, as per review. A 3-ft kiddo will always kneel/bend isn't it? Thus this will be put on hold

Note : Good as a role / pretend play, yes?



4. VTECH Latches and Doors Busy Board


I religiously recognize most toys especially from FISHER PRICE, LEAPFROG and VTECH, but I never knew this toy. One friend of mine, suggested more and more busy board for Seff because she said at this age, more and more stimulation is needed. I like how cute this is, with key slot, door latch and all, but yeah, I already made a busy board complete with switches and all, and Seff is still playing with the "real" thing until today



5. MY DEAR Playhouse


This is one of the best thing being suggested, because I can picture Seff in it. Unfortunately, we already bought a slide, a basketball post/hoop for him, so I am a little bit unsure to buy this, with only a roof as an additional structure. Well, we'll see..



6. IKEA Duktig / Play Kitchen



I think this is a good pretend-play toy too, that I can picture Seff busy playing with, especially the cabinet door since he always do that while I am cooking. Other than that, I am not so sure of what to expect from this, except when he got a little bit older, maybe 3 or 4 years old, probably a chatterbox, serving (forcing!) us to order and make him serve meals. Hehehe



7. Push Bike / DOONA Liki Trike (Euseff's 1st Birthday Gift)


Another dear friend of mine suggested a push bike, but we already have Doona Liki Trike. So far, Seff has pushed himself forward to move the trike, so it's about time we changed to a pedal-mode instead of foot rest. I love that Seff is comfortable in Like Trike, since its our first birthday gift to him! ❤️



8. (My top picks, but is probably not age-appropriate >.<) Fisher Price Power Wheels




Yeah, inappropriate, since it is recommended from 3 - 7 years old.. I can see why, judging from the missing of a seat belt there. Bring on, next year! It will be this, or maybe a kart






Honestly, I still cannot made up my mind of what to buy Seff.. Will update this post for sure!


Until next post!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive