2019 JOKE OF THE YEAR : BELANJAWANKU 2019

10:58 AM



Note : They are lucky I was EXTREMELY busy with work in especially October, thus the delay in writing this post.. Word highlighted RED are definitely a HIGHLIGHT and need serious attention.


First and foremost, the BELANJAWANKU 2019 is :
1. Developed from the "actual" expenditures in "Klang Valley". Unbelievable..
2. Was researched by Social Wellbeing Research Centre (SRWC), who are these guys..?
3. In Year 2019? Unacceptable..

Well, you THOUGHT WRONG, sir! Source : HERE

I was one of the audience, and disapproved this research, although living comfortably at the moment, but that is because we (income, combined, both an engineer) earn more.


I belong to the above group, and here are my basic needs, in comparison with the suggested budget estimates :

FOOD (RM1,300.00)

I need about RM 10 in the morning, RM 20 in the afternoon, RM 20 in the evening, capped tightly, if I were to capped my expenditures. Anything below that is considered nonsense, like, have you visited mamak and ordered only 1 Nasi Lemak Ayam, 1 + 1 roti canai, 2 hot beverages, and these alone are above RM10? That is my basis, RM10 maximum in the morning, if a family shall tightly do the budgeting.. RM 50/day x 30 days = RM 1500.00 (minimum). Thus, RM 1,300.00 a month is sick, man.. 

Note : Unless I was admitted to a Government Hospital, then of course, I'd take all the meals and my bills came up free, kan? (Stamped PERCUMA, because I am a Government servant.. zzz)


HOUSING (RM870.00)

For a young family starting living on their own to be given this rate (RM870), is doable, but limited to a certain properties type (a low cost flat/walk-up pangsapuri far away from work/studio unit and no one shall visit, yeah, of course..)


HEALTHCARE (RM100.00/family of 3)

I am sorry, I cannot comment more on this because my husband and I are paying RM 260 ~ RM 300 each for our healthcare insurances (total up to RM 550/couple), but this may work for only a life insurances, no medical card for sure, and they must be evil laughing all the way at the top there, yes?


TRANSPORT (RM1,030.00/couple)

Looks convincing at first, unless one knows, that married couple in Klang Valley usually are both parents working, so the transport cost must divide by 2. Afterall, the budget says it is for married couple, not single income earner, yes? Which total up to RM 515/pax.

I reckon the suitable car for this is a SAGA, probably RM300/month, but I know my fuel consumption. I needed 2 x refueling with my current car on weekly basis, estimated RM50/trip so I need RM 400/month minimum. So, If I were to downgrade my current car to a SAGA, I still need RM700.00 @ RM 1400/couple a month, not including car maintenance/servicing. 

Note : You SWRC are pure evil, you know.. And excuse me, what's that RM30 extra is for?


UTILITIES (RM300.00/household)

TNB = RM 50.00 (no maid, we both left the house so A/C is used at night time only)
Water = RM 30.00 lah minimum, doable
Postpaid plan (telephone bills) = RM100.00/pax, or RM200.00/couple
TOTAL = RM280.00/household

Wahhhhhh, this is the first time is ngam ngam lah, but with no TM/internet at home, and definitely no ASTRO.. All that internet/premium TV channels are leisure, not necessity. OK? *sarcasm detected*


CHILDCARE (RM650.00/month, or RM650.00/child)

Okayyyy, I have researched a lottttt of Taska, starting with very common, JKM-registered one, non-Aircond one, and THEY charged : RM450.00/month for my child.

And we use around 10pcs diapers daily, oklah, downgrade to 8pcs daily lah, my son kencing banyak sangat kot, sooooo 8 x 30 = 240pcs a month, or needed basically 5 packs of diapers a month.

I am a nice person, I did google the cheapest diaper from Tesco Online, (which means, if I were to downgrade from our current diaper brand to the cheapest), I got Fred & Flo diapers (RM24/pack) x 5 = RM120.00. OK now I am nervous AF.. (Total bill RM570.00 already now..)

Now the priciest item, the Milk formula.. (Do not argue about the free supply of Breastmilk, when they involved breast pump, breastmilk storage bags and all, so nothing's free, right?)

The cheapest I could find is RM25.00 (Dutch Lady) for 900g, 2-3 feedings per day, and the pack is for 18 servings (which simplified to be = 9days maximum consumption, either you really catu the kid's milk or what). You'll need 4 packs = RM100.00/month. Oh, okay, Dutch Lady is cheap aaaaa I am impressed.

For the cheapest buy/brand available, one need RM670.00, for God's sake!


PERSONAL CARE (RM120.00/month)

Toothpaste & Brush = RM 25/family
Body wash = RM 35 (RM 20 for parents, RM 15 for kiddo, you wish, but OKAY)
Shampoo = RM 20, ada? (Idk, mine is RM50~70)
Detergent = RM 25
Husband's personal care, minimum needed 1 hair gel + deodorant lah = RM 50 (agak je ni..)
My personal care, say I tak make up, and hodoh AF, like I need only moisturizer with SPF + bedak silkygirl = RM 50, facial cleanser, toner, serum semua takda sebab nak hodoh, kan..?

We need = RM 205.00 frigging minimum! Excuse me, where the above I could cut to make it RM 120/month? *SOS*


Others, I don't even bother to calculate, but overall I can see that this BELANJAWANKU 2019 is UNREALISTIC, as others may also suggest. I may not know anyone from the SWRC team, but if you know anybody, please send my warmest regards, and please provide link for a survey, or anything. 

Just to make the SWRC no longer a joke to everybody!

Everything I calculated above is not my current expenses, rather a downgraded version of everything I needed, so, I cannot even imagined what one family has to go through if the suggested budget were to follow as a guide. They must be living hell.. Pity them young, married couple who needs the same amount of money, with an entry level pay..


If you have another opinions on this, please share!



Until next post!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive