Is it Expensive to Raise A Child? : My Calculation

10:30 AM

I am grateful than Seff arrived when we are financially more stable than we ever been in life.. And made raising a child a breeze. And at first I want to share my experiences of why having a child later is better, but then I came across this article : 

Is It More Expensive To Raise A Child In Malaysia Or Singapore? 


Let me cross-check the figure..


STAGE 1 : Pregnancy & Delivery



The article mentioned MYR5800/natural delivery which is ridiculous, like, what Hospital is that? Only in Klang Valley? In Ipoh it's like MYR 2000/natural delivery only.. And not everyone is opting for private hospital too, so to compare Govt Hosp delivery in SG & Private Hosp delivery in Malaysia.. is like, apple to orange??

Please know that well-known figure like Ummi Nazeera & Kina Omar also gave birth in Govt Hospital in Malaysia.. zz

Anyway, I have to point out that my cost for STAGE 1 is : MYR 0.00 (Free of Charge)

Note : I had check-ups and delivery at Government Hospital hehehe


STAGE 2 : Infant to Toddler



Among the expenses I personally allocated are :
1. Diapers : MYR 6,000.00 (oklah, I accept this figure)
2. Stroller/Car Seat : MYR 2,000.00
3. Breast Pump : MYR 0.00 (Spectra M1, but bought in 2016, and even got tax relief/rebate)
4. Immunisation : MYR 0.00 (Free of Charge at Govt Hosp)
5. Babysitter 0 ~ 12 months : MYR 0.00 (Got help from my mom ❤️)
6. Childcare Centre 1 ~ 3 years : MYR 1000/month @ RM 18,000.00 until 3 years old
7. Clothes and toys : RM 5,000.00 (I think I might overdo this, especially on comfy shoes and toyssss, I spent MYR 150/month for new clothes & toys #workingmomproblem)

We started sending Seff to a childcare centre since 18 months old. 
(36 - 18) months = 18 months of going to his play school)

P.s. I cannot even understand where RM9,000 + RM 36,000 came from, in the article.. For No. 6, it is strictly 36 months x Full Day Child Care for both MY & SG. Why?? Child care since newborn? Isn't it supposed to be 36 - 12 = 24 months? Although it is true, that a child enters Tadika at 4 years old, but the overall/total cost estimates for 3 years duration..

No art class .. yet. Swimming class only when Seff reaches 3 years old

My cost for STAGE 2 is : RM 31,000.00/3 years


Why is there a huge discrepancy between the article and my own experiences? Anyway, to all moms/future moms, do not afraid, your kids will bring you rezeki, if you choose to believe this ❤️


Until next post!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive