LUSH MALAYSIA : Naked Skincare Reviews

10:52 PM


Note : Honest review, all opinions are my own


Going towards zero waste, I recently added Lush MY Products to my skincare routine. Labelled Naked Skincare, they are all free from the usual plastic packaging.

While love the idea of free packaging, I am mostly interested to experience the use and probably share results

Items that I bought are :



1. 7 to 3 Cleansing Wipes

This is the first item I straightaway used, although at first I was mistaken this for washable facial pads/cleansing wipes/cotton rounds. But no, it is actually a cleanser in the form of wipes, which made cleansing experiences easier. To use : simple hold the wipes like you would with a cotton round, with face dampened, I wet one part of the wipe (to activate the ingredients I believe) and just rub across face, paying attention to areas with more makeup. Rinse again the same part, and rub back around eye area.

This feels like an exfoliating cleanser, it feels a little jelly, slippery and grainy to the touch

Used it for a week now, the one part I keep using has thinning a little bit, but still look like I can use this for more than 1 month per wipes. Mind-blowing!



2. Tea Totaler Cleansing Balm

I am trying this since I want to replace my favourite ARCONA Toner Tea Bar - I saw 2 main ingredients that is similar : Tea and Witch Hazel, this probably works well with me. Unfortunately, since I am using 7 to 3 cleansing wipes almost everyday, I am yet to try this balm (still a virgin, never use this)



3. Soak and Float Shampoo Bar

I am impressed just how this feels like a normal shampoo, in the size of a small palm! It is effective as it claims, so you may choose one according to your preferences. How to use : Either you rub it between palm until foamy, and transfer directly onto the hair, or simply take the bar and rub all around hair. Just like the old times (I was born in 1988, of course I know how shampoo bar works LOL)


What you need to know before buying packaging free products :

1. Storage 

You might want to repurpose/reuse soap dish from your keep, one you probably not use when it comes in set. But if you want to buy new, buy one that is made from natural wood or glass, because we are going plastic free, right?

For travel purposes, I bought only 1 metal tin, and already bringing shampoo bar to travel since Eidulfitri. I remember during my high school (boarding school), the goat milk's facial bar is on trend and everyone put their bar in small container (one we usually put dadih) and bringing them to travel should not be an issue..


2. Temperature and Humidity

I believe cleansing balm & body butter are advised to be stored away from direct heat/sunlight or they will melt, but the shampoo bar's biggest threat is humid bathroom. My bathroom in our 2nd property is extremely humid (it has no windows, and now needs stronger ventilation fan) so it is hard for the bar to retain its shape. It feels sloppy to the touch because of this. If I were at our first house, then none issue..



I think that is all I want to share, until next post!





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive