Seff & Vaccinations

9:21 PM


Seff at birth & 10 months old



Note : All opinions are my own


I lost my first born. And then come Seff who has low birth weight (LBW), only 1.7kg at birth (many did not know this). I am DEFINITELY a paranoid mom.. I took Seff out with a lot of precautions and rules -I thought he is FRAGILE

But when it comes to vaccinations, it helps me a lot. I am SUPERBLY CAUTIOUS when Seff is near people, especially at 3 months old when we started bringing him to the shopping malls. I was hoping the days move fast, so he would have his 5months-jab (DTAP) soon enough so we would have a peace of mind.

I remember one time at the hospital, a lady came up to me saying, "is that a baby?", and I spontaneously took a step back, and hold Seff even closer to my chest, saying "I am sorry but he is a premature" - a better, simpler term than what he is, a LBW baby

A miracle baby he is, he grew up strong and healthy! He only had fever (mild one, ranging from 37.8 - 38.0 only hehe) 3 times, with no episode of cough OR flu

Even until today! And a little before a year old, I don't even mind him touching floors or licking/biting random furniture haha OMG

Back to the title, the VACCINES

I sure believed everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, so I gotta say I am pro-vaccines.

Do I hate anti-vaxxers? HIGH CHANCE

Why, you may ask

I know Seff almost completed his ideal series of vaccination(s), and I strongly believe Seff is protected from those horrible-diseases-making-comeback now

BUT, I STILL DISTANCE MYSELF from especially UNVACCINATED CHILD from me because of my future, unborn children

Imagined if I were to give birth to another baby, near to an unvaxx child. That child is a nicest candidate to be contracted with those harmful diseases, and able to pass that diseases to another baby, lets say, my child! (Lets say my child at that time is 6months old, nowhere near to MMR jab yet)

Eventhough I care less about the unvaxx child, I care about mine, my younger baby!

Note : but the unvaxx parents lame argument has always been, "if your children are vaccinated, whats the harm to yours?"

YES, YOU ARE A THREAT TO MY YOUNGER BABY!

It is that simple, my dear.. *poke my own face*

Although I know if educating someone was this simple, no one would be a moron then hehehe (what I told my mom repeatedly, justifying as we talk about someone doing something wrong)

I, however, would also LOVE to build HERD IMMUNITY, protecting child that is allergic to VACCINE AND ITS CONTENT

I KNOW WELL about serious consequences from allergic reactions too, since Seff has been allergic with cow's milk protein

Note : hearing someone say like, "allergic with cow's milk? What would happen then" mocking if that allergy is a small deal, hurts me

You know, the among things one may experience from allergy are : rashes, vomiting and difficulty in breathing. *slow poke my face*

I also believe that SOME CHILD CANNOT BE VACCINATED. So we have Herd Immunity to protect those child

If you are the parents with child allergic with vaccines, then I'll say,

"YOU SHOULD NOT VACCINATE YOUR CHILD"

And also,

"But please do not make others hate/skip their vaccinations, then we would lost this Herd Immunity"





And if they would listen, then I'll be fine



But if the Anti-vaxxers numbers are still staggering then you'll find me : no longer care.

I no longer care if your child is the death I am watching from News

*sometimes I am an evil*


*got my heart toughened by the bad choices one has made*


*what doesn't kill me makes me stronger*


*still distance myself and my child from unvaxxers*


So, what is your choice?



My arguments are in-line with these videos below :

Dr Mike about vaccines :


Or below from the What.If :

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=774832102880210&id=2392248101000496

That is all, thank you!





Towards a better world,

Sincerely,

A paranoid mom in the past




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive