Milk Challenge No. 2 : Buying Formula Milk

8:37 PM




Since Seff has allergy with cow's milk protein, he is scheduled to a next milk challenge in March 2019. We were also advised to bring our own formula milk for the challenge

This mommy is excited!

Note : mainly because pity Seff, cannot take cakes, ice creams and all

Prior to this challenge, Paed also told me I could try to introduce milk-based food in small quantity, to see if he develop symptoms

(Will write more about this later)

This post is my personal research, because I am, idk, hard to please? Everything must be analyzed, everything must have basis. I. Am. Unique. Like. This. Please bear with me..

Criteria of Analysis :

1. Price point (It depends on you, really, some like it premium/pricey, some wanted the most value for money)

The basic calculation is derived as follows :

Grams per scoop / feeding = XX (g)
Feedings per day = max. Grams in a day = YY (g)
Product weight ÷ YY = ZZ* (days)
RM/day = daily consumption a.k.a how much $$ you'd spent on baby's formula in a day

*ZZ = No. Of days "the product" lasts

2. Country of Origin / Milk source (Also depends on one's preferences, but I'd stay away from one that is leading in GMO 😆)

3. Ingredients list, but this will be kept personally -after deciding one I wanted based from the above


To make it simpler, I did NOT analyze every formula milk available out there, I just take a few that I personally like which are :

1. ISOMIL Plus, RM72 for 850g
Country of Origin : Netherlands

Best option for a baby with cow's milk protein allergy, I bought this and this will be our next, readily option if he failed the test

XX = 4 scoops = 39.2g
YY = 4 x 39.2 = 156.8g
ZZ = 850/156.8 = 5.4 ~ 6 days
@
 RM12/day



2. S-26 Progress Step 3 (1-3y), RM88 for 1.8kg
Product of : Singapore

As a parent I look up to Dato' Dr Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor's parenting tips and styles, also learned that his twin boys are taking S-26. Good for a doctor, must be good to mine too?
XX = 6.7g x 6scoops = 40.2g
YY = 3 x 40.2 = 120.6g
ZZ = 1800/120.6 = 14.9 ~15 days
@
RM 6.30/day



3. ANMUM Step 3 (1-3y), RM103.45 for 1.6kg
Source of Milk : New Zealand

I lovee taking ANMUM Materna (their milk for expecting moms) because it is really unsweetened, unline Enfamama that is a bit too sweet to my liking

XX = 4 scoops = 28.0g
YY = 3 x 40.2 = 120.6g
ZZ = 1600/120.6 = ~19 days
@
RM 5.45/day



4. Similac Gain Plus 3 (1-3y), RM134.70 for 1.6kg
Country of Origin : Singapore

Similac has milk for premature babies (Similac Neosure), babies with cow's milk allergy (Isomil) and they thought about them all, that is a good sign

XX = 3 scoops = 31.2g
YY = 3 x 31.2 = 93.6g
ZZ = 1600/93.6 =~ 17 days
@
RM 7.92/day



5. KARIHOME Growing Up, RM118.20 for 900g
Made in : New Zealand

I think if Seff can't take cow's milk at all, I might as well consider goat's milk. Also believed to be the next best thing after breast milk

XX = 5g x 6 scoops = 30g
YY = 3 x 30g = 90g
ZZ = 900/90 = 10 days
@
RM 11.82/day




There you have it, consumption and origin.




Will blog about the milk challenge in March!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive