Akikah Preparation : Checklist

8:10 PM


Not sure if this is previously mentioned anywhere in the blog, but we already determined to plan for Seff's Akikah when he turned 1

Nota : Saya bukan Ibu Dettol, saya lah ibu yang paranoid hehehe

Fast forward, Seff is 8 months old, so, another 3 months to go!


It's been a while since I planned for an event myself. I am quite a DIY-freak, I love crafts and honestly, I paid my own engagement/wedding. I am quite impressive when it comes to saving money too hehe

Thus the reason we afford to travel, etc. I saved up around 2.5k a month and very discipline about it! When there's a goal, there's ME BEING SERIOUS ABOUT IT >.<


I probably need to brush up this event planning skills since the last time I did it was in 2013 
(I got engaged in June, and made it halal/nikah in November the same year)

My previous work including below :

My Engagement Ceremony

I had this Niat to give my mom all my FIRST PAY so I did. And then I planned for my Engagement Ceremony. My mom offered to pay for the food because she also didn't know what to do with the money. For RM14/pax, I think we got around 200pax coming and there's that.

From the merisik event in January 2013, I already saved up for my dream wedding so I have to be careful with the E-Day expenses but here is the list back then : 

1. Food = RM 2,800.00
2. Attire = RM 250.00 
3. Makeup = RM 100.00 
4. Dais = RM 150.00 (mostly DIY)
5. Hantaran = RM 2,000.00
6. Doorgift = RM 400.00
7. Photographer = RM 450.00


The DIY Engagement Dais


The hantaran. This is just 9 out of 15. And I baked the cake (No.5) and cheese tarts (No.7) myself ❤


Doorgift




My Nikah Ceremony

I don't have the budgeting list now, have to open old boxes, but I remember I re-used a lot of items from the E-day dais to become Nikah dais. The results :


As long as the main shot looks great ❤


The recycled items are : beige curtain/backdrop, and flowers. Colour theme for Engagement is tiffany blue, and purple/gold for Nikah

Note : I sewed the cushion cover myself! Hehe we changed colours, changed the lighting (spot lights also bought and re-wired on my own hehehe)

And I was also inspired by some of the local celebrities' weddings, one being Nurul Syuhada Nurul Ain's! I love how classy her hand bouquet is -so I pre-ordered Calla Lilies, wrapped and made the bouquet myself


You get it, every girl has a dream.. ❤




Seff's Akikah Preparation Checklist

Quite rusty myself, I listed down all the important items/costs to consider and start planning for each sub-items later :

Cost is rough. Probably too low hehe

1. Kambing x 2 ekor = RM 2,000.00
2. Food (200pax) = RM 3,000.00
3. Doorgift = RM 800.00
4. Event space / Khemah = RM 2,000.00
5. Dais = RM 1,000.00
6. Photographer = RM 1,000.00
7. Other (Attire, Makeup, Home stay for family) = not known



Will update the progress/costs, pretty soon!


Until next post!





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive