MasterChef UK & "Crispy" Rendang

3:50 PM



Ooh hell yes I'm mad when someone mistaken our dearest Chicken Rendang over fried chicken (we all believe so-lah). What crispy skin?? *facepalm*

For those who didn't know this issue, here is the news:



ABOUT THE RENDANG
Rendang, be it chicken or beef, is our local, classic dish served often with nasi lemak or ketupat/lemang during festive.

Everyone can google how Rendang is made, and here our talented, well known Chef Wan has some important notes:





During my study years, I remember eating nasi goreng + rendang for breakfast almost everyday! We are that FAMILIAR WITH RENDANG, you know..

Although I am no professional cook, I can definitely cook Rendang. I bet most malaysians can


THE JOKE
Knowing that Gregg Wallace and John Torode and the entire crew from the Masterchef UK show didn't know, cross-check/refer before editing the show is well, TO ME UNACCEPTABLE


THE NEED TO BE GOOD AT WHAT WE ARE DOING
We all play a part in this world; I keep telling myself I shall be good in my job/what I'm doing; so as an Engineer, I know my calculations

I still go to library to find books -especially those related to my job description as an engineer/designer. I even borrow books written in Japanese! That explains my language profiency : Bahasa Melayu, English, Nihongo & Deutsch!


THEN, THE ONE WHO WANTS TO BE AN A**HOLE
But John Torode to me just became an a**hole while replying someone on twitter like this:



Like what, cannot lower ego a bit and apologize? Now want to open history books? 

While not doing so (apologize), the entire MasterChef UK and their so-called "judges/experts" reputation totally ruined. This show is a total joke to me

Even as an expert, YOU KEEP LEARNING AND GROWING, GUYS. Remember that

Rant over, thank you for reading my thoughts









#SoliditariRendang






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive