Pregnancy-Friendly Skincare

8:05 AM

Ignore the misleading post title, I would like to keep this for my future reference(s).

I am in search of natural, non-toxic, probably green products because I already started to eat healthier, mostly organic produces

P.s. or simply; Im spoilt with choices at Sephora, I shall restrict my purchase HAHA

So I think the best options for the most natural, non-toxic skincare I could find is those that are pregnancy-friendly

P.s. If not pregnant, hands down, SK-II range is the best!

I refer to this source for the ingredients list to avoid (for expecting moms):  http://www.15minutebeauty.com/2010/10/newwhat-to-avoid-while-pregnant.html

In summary : (taken her opinions)
✘ RETIN-A / RETINOIDS / VITAMIN A
✘ ALL HYDROXY ACIDS, except Lactic Acid
✘ DIHYDROXYACETONE
✘ HYDROQUINONE / KOJIC ACID
✘ BENZOYL PEROXIDE
✘ SALICYLATES
✔ PARABENS AND CHEMICAL SUNSCREENS
✔ HYALURONIC ACID

P.s. Dr Zubaidi suggested to stay away from parabens, while Cetaphil Malaysia said parabens only harmful in large quantity/consumption

Refer : https://cetaphil.com.my/skincare-during-pregnancy/ in reply to Alexandrea Reznik

So lets analyze what I have, what are those with YES and NO


BODY WASH



These are my top 5 because I really depends and loving them so lets analyze what I have below :


REDKEN : YES, unless you're avoiding PARABENS


LACTACYD : BIG YES! (recommended by my doctor for my sensitive skin)

P.s. it is also multipurpose, for face/body/hair wash


MUSTELA : YES, unless you're concerned about 'PARFUM' but it says 0% phthalates


LUSH : YES, unless you're concerned about PERFUME and PARABENS


THE BODY SHOP : YES

P.s. this has been my travel shower gel when I am out for work


FACIAL CLEANSERS




Kate Somerville : NO (contains Salicylic Acid)

ARCONA (available at SephoraMY) : YES



TONERS




ARCONA : YES

SK-II FT CLEAR LOTION : NO (contains salicylic Acid)



MOISTURIZERS




SK-II range : YES, unless you're avoiding PARABENS

P.s. SK-II have it all from methyl to propylparaben

EGYPTIAN MAGIC (available at SephoraMY) : YES!






I have been reading ingredients and well, im no expert but I found these (below) interesting. These 2 items are recommended for pregnant moms but they have : RETINYL PALMITATE

P.s. but I shall not comment on whether these items are safe or not




Until next post! 

(probably Pregnancy-Friendly Makeup)




tag : Pregnancy friendly skincare malaysia, pregnancy skincare malaysia, sephora malaysia, arcona malaysia, egyptian magic review 2017, the body shop almond milk and honey, mustela malaysia, lush fresh handmade cosmetics


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog . This blog has provided relevant information about the skin care products.If you are planning to start your pregnancy skincare routine, then it is time to take care of your skin. Most online skin care products are safe during pregnancy but Dr. Hauschka provides best online pregnancy safe skincareproducts for women in Singapore. Our products are naturally organic and it doesn't contain any harsh chemicals that could harm the developing baby.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive