Proses Masuk Rumah Baru 2023 : Kitchen Cabinetry (2 of 2)

5:49 PM


My final kitchen. It was praised by many people from my resident group, but I cannot recommend this guy.. story below



 So it was the installation day -which was requested (by the Prokitch ID) to be earlier (because I already gave up the hopes of a complete home before Raya 2023, told them to do it all after Raya teruslah).. the installation of kitchen cabinet (without table top) means I have a complete
1. Kitchen cabinet & doors
2. Fully functional oven
3. Fully functional hood

Delayed table top installation means : 
1. No kitchen sink (for the whole 3 weeks since the start of wiring/plumbing/tiling works)
2. No hob (no cooking activity!)

The kitchen cabinet installations took 2 days (which I found out on the installation day >.<), so that is a problem #1. Note that I have to apply a working permit for them.. On the first day, I left them to do their work and just went back later that night (after my Iftar with fellow engineers from JPS Selangor). I went furious when they wrapped my oven with the canvas covered with construction dust so that is another problem #2. Not a single damn alert given. I texted him, and he reacted as if it's nothing..

The following day, is when the kitchen is completed (without table top), so I went home and tested the plug & cabinet lighting, only to found out they have problems with it.. The miscommunication between Prokitch ID and the wiring guy (problem #3) made the light won't turn off using switch and Prokitch ID decided to just turn off the circuit breaker (easy problem solving, left me clueless because this means all the plugs nearby has no electricity supply as well.. zzz). So I shall control my lighting using circuit breaker in MSB? ROFL

I told the wiring guy to come back and redo the plug and problem solved. The wiring guy is good, we book him for another job HAHA


The kitchen (without table top)


After Raya 2023, made my final payment and they did the installation of table top and I never heard from them since.. haha.


Overall, it was not a good experience and I cannot recommend this company to anyone I know (close people).. This miscommunication between the KC guy & wiring guy (discussions made without my presence) is really a big issue to me.. I am now left with only one (1) working plug point because another plug was altered to control the lights..

By the way, another problem occurred during finalizing design with Prokitch ID is when deciding the table top. I requested for Quartz Stone (marble pattern), but they only have compressed marble.. I don't mind the change, but the ID aggressively told me all the bad things about marble top including turmeric stain.. and he even write this :

"kalau diorg kata boleh kena kuyit. Saya nak letak kunyit kat table top diorg. Tengok lekat ke tak"

😑

Because after a while cooking, I got cooking splash that stained my table top too! But I got them  all removed (stained after 1 hour) using some secret, super cheap tool (I shall write about this in separate post).. And now I am super confident about cooking (my husband and mom is scared of using this kitchen due to its light colored haha).

One fun fact, the smallest kitchen I ever had is this :


.. and I still cook a lotsa meals & desserts like this :




Small kitchen, no problem.. So I trade some space left from this small kitchen for an island. The main purpose is for me to separate my baking (need dry areas) from the cooking.. and I use it now mostly for breakfast, teatime and working >.< because the bar chair is comfortable AF (IKEA's)


That is all from me now, any questions may drop your question down in the comment section..




Until next post!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive