Battle of the Face Palettes

9:50 AM


I have always been in search of a good, probably compact and value-for-money face palette since motherhood

I planned to pack even lighter during travel -to only bring 1 face palette & 1 brush set 😊

Tarte came up with so many eye & cheek palettes and they weren't my kind; because I don't do eye makeup -a skill I have yet to try

So what I was looking for is a palette contains blusher+contour powder/bronzer+highlighter

Pretty packaging is a bonus!


The top 3 palettes are :

1. BECCA X CRISSY TEIGEN GLOW FACE PALETTE

I am loving its pink marble case that holds mostly shimmery powders that ensure you glow all day. The only minus point is that it holds all shimmery products, no matte powder at all..


Photo taken from BECCA's official website

To compare the price points, this palette is selling at MYR229 (I believe) but I got it during Sephora year end sale for 50% off so.. MYR115 only! What a steal..

Becca stated that it has 2 x 5.1g + 2 x 2.4g = 15g products so.. it is MYR 7.6/gram of product

(If using original selling price, it is MYR 15.2/gram, can be used to compare next palettes' price per product ratio)




2. TARTE Hamptons Weekender palette

The most compact, travel friendly one. I swatched all powder and they suit my medium-skintone. Very nice..


Photos taken from TARTE's official website

However this palette contains the least amount (6.8g) selling at MYR89 so it is MYR 13/gram of product. Pricey!





3. Too Faced Natural Face palette

I am also loving its packaging -so romantic and girly.. and it has 6 pans for 2 blushes, 2 contour powders & 2 highlighters! So, 2 looks in a palette? Major YES!


Photos taken from Too Faced's official website

Selling at MYR193, and holds 23.8g products so it is MYR 8.1/gram of product ❤


I think I am in love with Too Faced Natural Face palette because of variety of shades available (not forgetting each function/blush/contour has both matte and shimmer variety) so I could have options to choose. I'd probably want to contour one day, and want to bronze next. I'd probably mix both blushes to create 3rd blush shade who knows

Thoughts?


Will update if I were to purchase this palette! For those who is concern on which ONLY palette to choose from all the above, I'd say get the Too Faced Natural Face palette!

.. because of its good value for money

Becca X Chrissy Teigen = MYR 15.2/g
Tarte Hamptons Weekender = MYR 13/g
Too Faced Natural Face = MYR 8.1/g



Until then!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive