Euseff's Aqiqah : Preparations

10:46 AM



Around a month before the actual date, we decided to straightaway plan for an Aqiqah because Seff is turning 2 in December, so better now or never.

P.s. We have a lot of family events earlier in 2019, from my stepdad's passing away, my little brother's wedding and Seff's long hospital stay.. we went through a LOT

Our initial budgeting listed earlier are :
1. Kambing x 2 = RM 2,000.00
2. Food (200pax) = RM 3,000.00
3. Door gift = RM 800.00
4. Event space / Khemah = RM 2,000.00
5. Dais = RM 1,000.00
6. Photographer = RM 1,000.00
7. Other (Attire, Makeup, Home stay for family) = not known


The updated cost today are :

1. Kambing x 2 = RM 2,700.00 
2. Food (200pax) = RM 2,400.00
3. Door gift = RM 1,620.00
4. Table & Chair = RM 525.00
5. Dais = RM 150.00 (because.. DIY)
6. Photographer = RM 0.00
7. Attire = RM 400.00
8. 3B2B Homestay = RM 280.00

For my future self's reference, planning must start at least 2 months before the event date, because we experienced hiccups which are :

Hiccup #1. No stock for velvet Yassin that I want, and if they made to order, it took 30 days


The initial plan : got this red velvet Yassin from a wedding


But the royal blue velvet Yassin was out of stock (this is the seller my mom found in Shopee)


So I ordered this. With thoughts at the back 
(dedicated to someone I dearly miss, my first born Elana)


This, if arranged on the gift table. Should be looking good..


But boy, searching for a glass jar is fun! Love the middle jar, but it was tad too tall, our Yassin booklet cannot tilt perfectly like the above sample box I brought along


Bringing home them cute jars..

Note : You know, when we buy glass jar, it is oily to the touch? So I washed them all.. Rajin takkkk



The gift bag criteria : must have rope/handle, easier for people to bring back home!

The gift bag, was the same bag for my little brother's wedding, because this was initially my idea, but mom copied it for my little brother's wedding. Anyway, my mom want to contribute, so I allowed her buying this, thanks mom!



Hiccup #2. Cannot get my favourite Dais vendor for the Dais

I want to book this one specific vendor for the Dais, but she is fully booked on our date. Now I am trying to DIY my Aqiqah dais, since I found none other that suits my taste, some use a little too much flowers, some use a little too little flowers, I don't know, let's hope how it turned out

We decided (for now) to do it ourselves >.<



Hiccup #3. The attire drama.

I have this pale blue Kurung that I found myself look slimmer in, so I thought, just go to JAKEL and they'll find the matching Baju Melayu for it. They have the same colour, code 010, but guess what, there was no stock for 010 for Seff (size 1). We tried size 2/3, tad too big for him. And we went to JAKEL Ostia Bangi & Shah Alam, this part alone took a whole day.. *sobs*

At one point we decided to change to all white, but there was also no stock for white Baju Melayu at JAKEL for size 0/1.. Haizzzz. So we bought another set of colour, code 034, which means I have to buy new attire too. To search for a new Kurung in short time really added up the stress..

Anyway, this part is done, so pheww.. 2nd time we've been in this situation, earlier we went to JAKEL to find matching Baju Melayu to match my custom Kurung, also went oos (for Baju Melayu size 0/1)



And the rest will be revealed during the event date, so stay tuned! Anyway, to do an Aqiqah event is strictly personal, you may do it as simple as buy Kambing, cook + distribute, or hire 3rd party to do it for you, or be in all this drama like us, hehe

But this is what I dream of when I got pregnant, the event will be very small, intimate and for that I am able to prepare door gifts as expensive as I want, unlike during my wedding which I allocate only RM2/pax due to larger number of people coming..

Note : Remember, I paid for my own wedding?


Until next post!



akikah preparation 2019, persediaan akikah, aqiqah 2019, persediaan aqiqah 2019, malay aqiqah 2019, aqiqah preparation 2019

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Blog Archive